01-19-2013 09:13 AM
362 ... 7891011 ...
tools
    First day after a flash is always hard. Hopefully this gets better after a few cycles. Click to view quoted image

Yep that's bout how mine was looking.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2
    09-04-2012 10:26 AM
    I can confirm that 4G tethering is working. I just tested it out. (5.3)

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Android Central Forums
    rdavis429 likes this.
    09-04-2012 11:20 AM
    Flashed back to FF18 modem and so far so good.
    09-04-2012 01:40 PM
    Having issues

When the battery "thinks" it's under 50% (still learning it), I get all sorts of random shutdowns that require battery pulls. I thought it was just 5.3 due to restoring all my apps with titanium backup, but 5.2 does it as well. Also, LOS when under 25% battery life. Constantly. Is it something with the way I installed everything?

reboot to cmw 6
    wipe app and app data
    wipe cache
    clear dalvik cache
    clear batt stats
    flash cm10 5.2
    flash gapps jb

reboot
    dl titanium backup, restore tinyshark
    download all other apps, add some widgets, and change settings like my status bar, notifications, disable screen rotation, etc.

I'll try to get logcats tomorrow of the LOS.
    NewWorldOrphan9 likes this.
    09-04-2012 09:44 PM
    I've been searching and I can't find the answer to my question. Can ClockWorkMod Touch be used with this ROM?
    09-05-2012 10:41 AM
    I would say avoid restoring your titanium backup and see how it works. It should work great!
    09-05-2012 12:20 PM
    I've been searching and I can't find the answer to my question. Can ClockWorkMod Touch be used with this ROM?
    What do you mean by can it be used?? Used to install it should be ok if it is the latest safe versions that are out .. although I still prefer to use the stock el26 just to be safe.

If you mean can it be flashed on top of ROM than no. I have not seen anything on compatible versions
    rdavis429 likes this.
    09-05-2012 01:12 PM
    What do you mean by can it be used?? Used to install it should be ok if it is the latest safe versions that are out .. although I still prefer to use the stock el26 just to be safe.

If you mean can it be flashed on top of ROM than no. I have not seen anything on compatible versions
    Ah ok, thanks. I have the latest version of cwm was just wondering bout the touch version.
    09-05-2012 01:27 PM
    So I thought I would try again... any way to get rid of the 9016 SMS when your recieve a voice mail?

Also, I was wondering how your update the PRL and Profile in this ROM. I go to where it should be and there is a little spiel about making a call to sprint to update. I do that an it dials the *2 and I can hear the normal Sprint lady asking me to press 1 for english, etc... Doesn't seem to do anything after that. Am I missing something? I used to get much better reception with the stock ROM and I am just guessing it is because I need to update my PRL in this ROM?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I really like this rom, but the 9016 is driving me crazy and the low signal strength is a deal breaker too.
    09-05-2012 02:34 PM
    So I thought I would try again... any way to get rid of the 9016 SMS when your recieve a voice mail?

Also, I was wondering how your update the PRL and Profile in this ROM. I go to where it should be and there is a little spiel about making a call to sprint to update. I do that an it dials the *2 and I can hear the normal Sprint lady asking me to press 1 for english, etc... Doesn't seem to do anything after that. Am I missing something? I used to get much better reception with the stock ROM and I am just guessing it is because I need to update my PRL in this ROM?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I really like this rom, but the 9016 is driving me crazy and the low signal strength is a deal breaker too.
    Download Google talk from the play store and use that for voicemail.

09-05-2012 03:33 PM
    Download Google talk from the play store and use that for voicemail.

Do you mean Google voice?
    09-05-2012 04:36 PM
    Do you mean Google voice?
    Yes. Sorry for the confusion.

09-05-2012 06:05 PM

The 9016 text comes because you are using Sprint Visual Voicemail. A few different options are to use:
    1. Google Voice
    2. Use a 3rd party SMS program like Handcent or GoSMS and block the number.
    3. There are a few apps you can download to blacklist numbers system wide.
    4. There is a Sprint number you can text to block 9016 text but I don't know the number. Call Sprint and ask them how to block a number from texting you. Just don't tell them it's 9016.

To your other question, no you can't update PRL on this rom. There are a lot of options out there. Google it and you will find a few. Easiest is flashing a stock rom, updating then flashing new rom.
    k1llahurtz and burkett1974 like this.
    09-05-2012 09:39 PM
    ??? I didn't know that was available for the GSII. Where did you find that? Last I knew, ROM manager couldn't flash for our phones since the kernel and recovery were combined.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2
    09-05-2012 10:59 PM
    Thanks Everyone... I went with Handcent and it seems to have fixed my issue with the 9016 texts.

Much appreciated! Love the ROM.
    09-06-2012 08:43 AM
    hmmm, I am still not having rotation. supposedly it's fixed but I still have none. on the 5.3 release and 20120726 gapps. been having this problem with other roms too. the camera rotation works fine but that's the only app that works. everything else will not rotate.
    09-06-2012 02:50 PM
    hmmm, I am still not having rotation. supposedly it's fixed but I still have none. on the 5.3 release and 20120726 gapps. been having this problem with other roms too. the camera rotation works fine but that's the only app that works. everything else will not rotate.
    Go to Settings - Display and see if auto rotation is checked

09-06-2012 04:46 PM
    yep it is.
    09-06-2012 11:05 PM
    I've done a pretty cohesive search about this in this thread and many others so I feel like I've come to a point where I can post something about this issue.

My battery drain is pretty bad but my battery charge is very fast. I feel like my battery stats are messed up but I've tried methods such as the Battery Calibration app. Doesn't really help at all. I mean, once my charge gets to 99%, it takes a while to get to 100% but once I start discharging, it drops to 99% or 96% almost immediately and then I drain in relatively 4 hours.

Think it's battery stats? Think it's wake locks? Any help?
    09-07-2012 08:13 AM
    I've had that problem after flashing a rom or wiping battery stats, I believe its because it needs to rebuild the stats. When I first flashed 5.3 I had big time battery drain but now that its been running for a few days it seems to be doing a bit better.
    09-07-2012 09:05 AM
    Alpha 5.3. I've been running it for 4ish days. Initially I was getting about 9hrs on a charge.

Now my total hours on battery is the best I've had since I came off Calkulins ICS rom. Just yesterday I had 2.5 hours talk time and 1 hour screen on - I had 3% battery left at 15 hours on battery. NICE!

Now I'm going to try a nightly to see if I can get blutooth streaming to work in my ford explorer.

I recently purchased a new stock battery because the longest I could run with little use was 8 hours. Gotta love geek squad phone insurance!
    09-07-2012 11:36 AM
    Has anyone flashed the new nighlty? If you have can you please let me know what are the changes.
    09-07-2012 04:04 PM
    I've been on my battery for 6.5 hours with occasional use for internet and phone calls wifi has been on all day.. I've had one battery pull(first one ever) today while on the internet.. the keyboard was freezing up.. I'm pretty sure it was the browser app acting up.. force closed a few times.. but other than that no real problems .. has decent battery life.. I was on darkknights aokp stable 5 before this.. and this has better battery life.. haven't tried any other jellybean builds.. but this one works pretty good.. if anyone has any feedback on the nightlies to this or (any other jellybean builds.. PM me)I would like to hear it.

09-07-2012 05:23 PM
    anyone have a rotation fix?
    09-07-2012 05:27 PM
    anyone have a rotation fix?
    ? What are u talking about? What's wrong with the rotation?

09-07-2012 05:29 PM
362 ... 7891011 ...