CyanogenMod 10 Beta 2: Android 4.1.2 for the Epic 4G Touch

DEF3NDER

Mar 28, 2012
Visit site
I hope you are actually going to continue to support this thread and you weren't here just to spite DK. It was nice to actually have roms in this forum for a while instead of just empty wasted space like before...

Why weren't you here with roms a month ago?

I hope everyone can give each other high fives and feel super cool and good about themselves now.

The community is the victim in all this.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Android Central Forums

Shadefactor

Aug 1, 2012
Visit site
Re: [ROM] CM10 alpha4.3: Android 4.1.1 for Samsung Epic 4G Touch

I've only had the airplane bug once since I've started using the latest build ^?^ very stable using as my daily!

PhantomPhreak53

May 15, 2010
Visit site

At this point we have plenty of logs at what is happening with the Airplane Mode bug. They are all saying the same thing. We are still not 100% sure what is causing this issue. UberPinguin is looking at the RIL itself to see if it's the issue. As soon as we have something, I will let you know and definitely be posting a release.

PhantomPhreak53

May 15, 2010
Visit site

Anybody else can't find their external SD cards in file managers like es file manager or io?

They are using a slightly different mounting. Mounts are below

/sdcard0 = /sdcard = Internal Storage
/sdcard1 = /extSDcard = External Storage

whiba

Feb 24, 2012
Visit site

They are using a slightly different mounting. Mounts are below

/sdcard0 = /sdcard = Internal Storage
/sdcard1 = /extSDcard = External Storage

Not sure if you are aware, but camera does not see the external SD (or at least there is no option to save pictures to external SD). Not sure if this is controlled by the rom or gapps.

Gallery sees previous photos from my external SD just fine. I'm talking about taking new photos and having them stored to external SD right off the bat.

PhantomPhreak53

May 15, 2010
Visit site

I hope you are actually going to continue to support this thread and you weren't here just to spite DK. It was nice to actually have roms in this forum for a while instead of just empty wasted space like before...

Why weren't you here with roms a month ago?

I hope everyone can give each other high fives and feel super cool and good about themselves now.

The community is the victim in all this.

I will continue to support this thread.

I honestly didn't want to maintain two threads on two different sites. Multiple people have requested that I post here so I am.

I am not sure what the rest of your comment means but I had nothing to do with the DK drama and I don't want any of here in my thread. I have been in constant contact with DK and have offered to help him multiple times.

PhantomPhreak53

May 15, 2010
Visit site

Not sure if you are aware, but camera does not see the external SD (or at least there is no option to save pictures to external SD). Not sure if this is controlled by the rom or gapps.

Gallery sees previous photos from my external SD just fine. I'm talking about taking new photos and having them stored to external SD right off the bat.

Yeah I am aware of this. I have it on my list of things to look at.

whiba

Feb 24, 2012
Visit site

Yeah I am aware of this. I have it on my list of things to look at.

sweet! that is really my only complaint.

I've only gotten the airplane mode once over the last 3 days, and some fast battery draining with screen on, but I can deal with that. This is my DD for sure now.

Phone sleeps like a baby and battery barely drains at all while sleeping.

Last edited:

DEF3NDER

Mar 28, 2012
Visit site
I will continue to support this thread.

I honestly didn't want to maintain two threads on two different sites. Multiple people have requested that I post here so I am.

I am not sure what the rest of your comment means but I had nothing to do with the DK drama and I don't want any of here in my thread. I have been in constant contact with DK and have offered to help him multiple times.

Fair enough. Thank you.

Reactions: ramonm2

elbaso

Apr 14, 2010
about.me
I've been running this ROM for a few hours now, and I noticed that I've been getting really terrible battery life.
I'm talking about taking a battery from 100 percent to empty in about an hour.

Looking at the battery stats, it seems that media process is constantly running (70%+ of battery drain), and is preventing the phone from going to sleep.

It's a great ROM otherwise, and I'm really hoping the battery issue is resolved soon.

Bigt2003

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
I've been running this ROM for a few hours now, and I noticed that I've been getting really terrible battery life.

Looking at the battery stats, it seems that media process is constantly running (70%+ of battery drain), and is preventing the phone from going to sleep.

It's a great ROM otherwise, and I'm really hoping the battery issue is resolved soon.

Here too, my CPU is pinned at 1200 and my phone gets hot. If you go to running processes and kill media, it stops.

I also have a problem with downloads, the notification keeps popping up even after I clear it. I have to wipe Download's data just to keep my notification bar clean.

Other than that, everything runs great! I've even underclocked to 800 and it still runs smooth.

PS. What happened to Jellybro? Did all the highschool drama get his threads deleted? He made kernels into flashable zips, and it saved me a lot of time.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

dandinnj

May 23, 2011
Visit site

Here too, my CPU is pinned at 1200 and my phone gets hot. If you go to running processes and kill media, it stops.

I also have a problem with downloads, the notification keeps popping up even after I clear it. I have to wipe Download's data just to keep my notification bar clean.

Other than that, everything runs great! I've even underclocked to 800 and it still runs smooth.

PS. What happened to Jellybro? Did all the highschool drama get his threads deleted? He made kernels into flashable zips, and it saved me a lot of time.

I read something in Phantoms original thread for this that some people found it was actually market that was forcing media to stay open and that it went away when they froze it.

As for your PS there is a sticky regarding that issue.

PhantomPhreak53

May 15, 2010
Visit site

Wow! That is really bad. I know there is a battery drain issue but most people are having better battery life than that. Do you experience the Airplane Mode bug a lot? That would really drain your battery.

sbrissen did add code to the battery for it to read the actual battery percentage more accurate but that is just minimal. I don't think the battery drain will get any better until we figure out the airplane mode bug.

PhantomPhreak53

May 15, 2010
Visit site

I haven't heard of that issue before. What happens if you just reboot? Does it go back to normal? Anything specific you are doing before this happens?

evoldroid

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site

Now I finally found a jellybean Rom that works good. I can deal with the airplane mode bug for now.Good Job!!!!

Bigt2003

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
I haven't heard of that issue before. What happens if you just reboot? Does it go back to normal? Anything specific you are doing before this happens?

Media runs wild at every reboot. I'm not doing anything, it starts on its own. But freezing DRM and force closing media after each reboot seems to work.

Download notifications don't go away whenever I download anything thru chrome or browser. Even after a reboot, it still shows the download complete notification.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12