CyanogenMod 10 Beta 2: Android 4.1.2 for the Epic 4G Touch

lifehacker101

Jul 31, 2012
Visit site
Switching over to your ROM from dk. I'm happy to be on board and I can be a tester if you want. I do have the ability to pull logcats.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Android Central Forums

PhantomPhreak53

May 15, 2010
Visit site
Re: [ROM] CM10 alpha4.3: Android 4.1.1 for Samsung Epic 4G Touch

I sent you a private message phantom. this doesn't work for us cellular. the only difference is branding and apn settings. I sent you a private message about using this for us cellular. us cellular was shut down. you going to support us cellular, ignore me, or let me change the settings to use it?

I have the files DK sent me. I will look in to making a flashable zip. The new CM apn-conf has code for US Cellular built in, so it should be just a matter of changing the build.prop to match.

PhantomPhreak53

May 15, 2010
Visit site

well all that has to happen is changing picture messaGing. I offered to do it myself. I waited for a response. didn't get one. phantom, I'll show you how. oh and your forum doesn't even have a section for our phones. tell you what, I'll port one tonight, I'll give it to only you. you can look at the simple edits I do. look at the page with no links and approve it. but in the end this is OPEN source. so can I assume it's open or is it closed? come troll me like dk, or let us use your rom.

or how about we take away your ROM and give, it to u.s. cellular only. is that Nice? or fair! when a simple setting needs to be changed? for picture messaging? ? ? ? seriously?

I really don't understand your posts. I am aware that you would like this rom to be US Cellular compatible. I got it after the 2 PMs and the 4 posts about it in this thread but don't understand the rest of the text. Plus I am not on this site 24/7 so please give me a minute to respond.

All of my code is available to the public. My github is linked in the OP but here it is again. https://github.com/PhantomPhreak53. If you clone all my repos and CM10 repos, you can build this rom yourself. Nothing closed about it.

lifehacker101

Jul 31, 2012
Visit site
I was looking around and the cm10 boot animation was released. It might be cool to add that in. :)

ramonm2

Dec 23, 2010
ramonm2.blogspot.com

First off thank you to Phantom! Second, let's try and be patient with responses.

Third loving this ROM the only thing is I'm moving and have potential employers calling for interviews so I can't afford to miss calls due to LOS and battery issues. Gonna flash back to stock and once I get settled in I'll be gladly flashing back. Or if LOS/Battery issues get worked out in the next release.

Thanks for the support and Happy Flashing!

PhantomPhreak53

May 15, 2010
Visit site

I was looking around and the cm10 boot animation was released. It might be cool to add that in. :)

Yeah the boot animation was finally approved after 8 revisions yesterday. My next build will definitely have it in there. I may push out today's test build just for that reason alone. ;) Feels kind of weird having a CM9 boot animation on CM10. :cool:

Reactions: lifehacker101

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site

I agree with the poster above. Lets be patient if you ask a question or PM the OP with questions. He has stated he isn't here 24/7 to check things so lets give him a little time to respond.

Also, its an open source compliant ROM. Full populated Github is available so you can fork or build the ROM as you like.

That is it.. Carry on.

Paul627g
Forums Moderator.

zmedhaug

Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
I really don't understand your posts. I am aware that you would like this rom to be US Cellular compatible. I got it after the 2 PMs and the 4 posts about it in this thread but don't understand the rest of the text. Plus I am not on this site 24/7 so please give me a minute to respond.

All of my code is available to the public. My github is linked in the OP but here it is again. https://github.com/PhantomPhreak53. If you clone all my repos and CM10 repos, you can build this rom yourself. Nothing closed about it.
ok your ROM will work on the sch-r760 . all that has to be changed is the mms to work for my phone. can I change the files needed and distribute the "hacked, ported" ROM?

PhantomPhreak53

May 15, 2010
Visit site

ok your ROM will work on the sch-r760 . all that has to be changed is the mms to work for my phone. can I change the files needed and distribute the "hacked, ported" ROM?

Have you tried to send mms on a recent build? CM has merged official apn support for US Cellular. I would think the ROM would work right out of the gate for both Sprint and US Cellular. I will look at the zip file that DK sent me and let you know if I plan on supporting US Cellular or not.

zmedhaug

Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
Have you tried to send mms on a recent build? CM has merged official apn support for US Cellular. I would think the ROM would work right out of the gate for both Sprint and US Cellular. I will look at the zip file that DK sent me and let you know if I plan on supporting US Cellular or not.
ok the only thing left would be to make a zip to change the eri.xml so the drop down menu will say US CELLULAR. tomorrow I will test your ROM. send you the feedback on any changes needed.

zmedhaug

Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
I agree with the poster above. Lets be patient if you ask a question or PM the OP with questions. He has stated he isn't here 24/7 to check things so lets give him a little time to respond.

Also, its an open source compliant ROM. Full populated Github is available so you can fork or build the ROM as you like.

That is it.. Carry on.

Paul627g
Forums Moderator.
can you delete all posts in this forum by me about us cellular to keep it clean for epic 4g users?

cjay1518

Jul 15, 2012
Visit site
Re: [ROM] CM10 alpha4.4: Android 4.1.1 for Samsung Epic 4G Touch

Can someone explain what cm upstream is because I keep seeing it so I think its important.

autopaintman

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site

Unable to send pics. Update, just did fresh install and MMS working fine

Last edited:

blackstar1914

Aug 1, 2012
Visit site

just wondering is there any way to overclock as of now?? Btw this is my daily driver now its flawless thus far.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maximusdebois