CyanogenMod 10 Beta 2: Android 4.1.2 for the Epic 4G Touch

gromgrom

Aug 5, 2012
Visit site
Re: [ROM] CM10 alpha5.3: Android 4.1.1 for Samsung Epic 4G Touch

Having issues

When the battery "thinks" it's under 50% (still learning it), I get all sorts of random shutdowns that require battery pulls. I thought it was just 5.3 due to restoring all my apps with titanium backup, but 5.2 does it as well. Also, LOS when under 25% battery life. Constantly. Is it something with the way I installed everything?

reboot to cmw 6
wipe app and app data
wipe cache
clear dalvik cache
clear batt stats
flash cm10 5.2
flash gapps jb

reboot
dl titanium backup, restore tinyshark
download all other apps, add some widgets, and change settings like my status bar, notifications, disable screen rotation, etc.

I'll try to get logcats tomorrow of the LOS.

Reactions: NewWorldOrphan9

rdavis429

Sep 2, 2012
Visit site

I've been searching and I can't find the answer to my question. Can ClockWorkMod Touch be used with this ROM?

anmghstnet

Mar 25, 2012
Visit site

I would say avoid restoring your titanium backup and see how it works. It should work great! :)

dandinnj

May 23, 2011
Visit site

I've been searching and I can't find the answer to my question. Can ClockWorkMod Touch be used with this ROM?

What do you mean by can it be used?? Used to install it should be ok if it is the latest safe versions that are out .. although I still prefer to use the stock el26 just to be safe.

If you mean can it be flashed on top of ROM than no. I have not seen anything on compatible versions

Reactions: rdavis429

rdavis429

Sep 2, 2012
Visit site
What do you mean by can it be used?? Used to install it should be ok if it is the latest safe versions that are out .. although I still prefer to use the stock el26 just to be safe.

If you mean can it be flashed on top of ROM than no. I have not seen anything on compatible versions

Ah ok, thanks. I have the latest version of cwm was just wondering bout the touch version.

burkett1974

Nov 26, 2010
Visit site

So I thought I would try again... any way to get rid of the 9016 SMS when your recieve a voice mail?

Also, I was wondering how your update the PRL and Profile in this ROM. I go to where it should be and there is a little spiel about making a call to sprint to update. I do that an it dials the *2 and I can hear the normal Sprint lady asking me to press 1 for english, etc... Doesn't seem to do anything after that. Am I missing something? I used to get much better reception with the stock ROM and I am just guessing it is because I need to update my PRL in this ROM?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I really like this rom, but the 9016 is driving me crazy and the low signal strength is a deal breaker too.

lifehacker101

Jul 31, 2012
Visit site
So I thought I would try again... any way to get rid of the 9016 SMS when your recieve a voice mail?

Also, I was wondering how your update the PRL and Profile in this ROM. I go to where it should be and there is a little spiel about making a call to sprint to update. I do that an it dials the *2 and I can hear the normal Sprint lady asking me to press 1 for english, etc... Doesn't seem to do anything after that. Am I missing something? I used to get much better reception with the stock ROM and I am just guessing it is because I need to update my PRL in this ROM?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I really like this rom, but the 9016 is driving me crazy and the low signal strength is a deal breaker too.

Download Google talk from the play store and use that for voicemail.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Android Central Forums

PhantomPhreak53

May 15, 2010
Visit site

The 9016 text comes because you are using Sprint Visual Voicemail. A few different options are to use:
1. Google Voice
2. Use a 3rd party SMS program like Handcent or GoSMS and block the number.
3. There are a few apps you can download to blacklist numbers system wide.
4. There is a Sprint number you can text to block 9016 text but I don't know the number. Call Sprint and ask them how to block a number from texting you. Just don't tell them it's 9016.

To your other question, no you can't update PRL on this rom. There are a lot of options out there. Google it and you will find a few. Easiest is flashing a stock rom, updating then flashing new rom.

Reactions: burkett1974

Bigt2003

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site

??? I didn't know that was available for the GSII. Where did you find that? Last I knew, ROM manager couldn't flash for our phones since the kernel and recovery were combined.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

burkett1974

Nov 26, 2010
Visit site

Thanks Everyone... I went with Handcent and it seems to have fixed my issue with the 9016 texts.

Much appreciated! Love the ROM.

noriyori

Jun 16, 2011
Visit site

hmmm, I am still not having rotation. supposedly it's fixed but I still have none. on the 5.3 release and 20120726 gapps. been having this problem with other roms too. the camera rotation works fine but that's the only app that works. everything else will not rotate.

autopaintman

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
hmmm, I am still not having rotation. supposedly it's fixed but I still have none. on the 5.3 release and 20120726 gapps. been having this problem with other roms too. the camera rotation works fine but that's the only app that works. everything else will not rotate.

Go to Settings - Display and see if auto rotation is checked

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Android Central Forums

Arkimedes

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site

I've done a pretty cohesive search about this in this thread and many others so I feel like I've come to a point where I can post something about this issue.

My battery drain is pretty bad but my battery charge is very fast. I feel like my battery stats are messed up but I've tried methods such as the Battery Calibration app. Doesn't really help at all. I mean, once my charge gets to 99%, it takes a while to get to 100% but once I start discharging, it drops to 99% or 96% almost immediately and then I drain in relatively 4 hours.

Think it's battery stats? Think it's wake locks? Any help?

joegarcia89

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site

I've had that problem after flashing a rom or wiping battery stats, I believe its because it needs to rebuild the stats. When I first flashed 5.3 I had big time battery drain but now that its been running for a few days it seems to be doing a bit better.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itamargs