new jb rom is AWESOME

hevenz1

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
So for the ones that seldom leave this forum... there is a paranoid android jb ROM out for the et4g.... it is awesome....been running it for 35 hours..no los... volume is loud... battery for me is awesome... plus if u want it has a tablet mode...Google now/ cards work as as well... if your in to flashing ROMs this is a must try! Bet u won't be disapointed

DEF3NDER

Mar 28, 2012
Visit site
Definitely next on my list.

-"Crack" Stock/Tweaked FH23, Nova Launcher, Beats Audio, SG3 Dialer & MMS, Custom AOSP Pull-down, Google Now, Jellybean Animations-

XxNitr0xX

Nov 15, 2011
Visit site
Is this rom safe to flash from the Rouge ET Recovery, or do I have to odic to EL26? Would EL29 work? I'm running the Dark Knight Liquid Ice rom now.

Surj138

Jun 14, 2012
Visit site
I was looking at that thread last night... can't believe I hadn't seen it sooner! Looks cool indeed, and if its as stable as you say it is, I'll definitely have to try it soon. I was running sbrissen's aosp 4.1.1 alpha5 build for about a week and it's awesome, it's just I had to have a charger nearby. But he's been making that kernel his b***h at a crazy pace... I'm so excited!

Thanks for the input :)

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

chew dz

Jun 2, 2012
Visit site
Volume is definitely not loud lol . Only the speaker is full volume not headset

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Android Central Forums

chuckz28

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
I'm interested in trying out this ROM. I see that the files for the ROM and GAps are .zip and I have only ever installed .tar files with odin via PC. Currently I am running AGATs recovery on FF18. I'm not sure if I should be unzipping the files, renaming to update.zip, or installing mobile odin and doing it through the phone. There is too many different ways to install different ROMs and it has me a little confused. What would be the best route for installing this ROM with what I have?

sarcazmo

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I'm interested in trying out this ROM. I see that the files for the ROM and GAps are .zip and I have only ever installed .tar files with odin via PC. Currently I am running AGATs recovery on FF18. I'm not sure if I should be unzipping the files, renaming to update.zip, or installing mobile odin and doing it through the phone. There is too many different ways to install different ROMs and it has me a little confused. What would be the best route for installing this ROM with what I have?

I always mobile odin to el26 w/ CWM before flashing a rom. Then I boot into recovery and flash calkulins format all zip.

After I do that I'll install the rom and the gapps also through CWM.

So if you save these to your sd card. When you restart your phone you hold volume up and power. That will take you CWM. Once there wipe data cache and davlik cache. Choose zip from sd card. Install the rom. Then choose zip from sd card install g apps.

Restart your phone. First boot might take a while.

chuckz28

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
I always mobile odin to el26 w/ CWM before flashing a rom. Then I boot into recovery and flash calkulins format all zip.

After I do that I'll install the rom and the gapps also through CWM.

So if you save these to your sd card. When you restart your phone you hold volume up and power. That will take you CWM. Once there wipe data cache and davlik cache. Choose zip from sd card. Install the rom. Then choose zip from sd card install g apps.

Restart your phone. First boot might take a while.

Thanks. I flashed back to el29 then flashed the el26 repack kernel and installed mobile Odin so I'm all ready but the battery life on ole gingerbread is so incredible I might just stay with it lol.

carrsteven00

Jan 29, 2012
Visit site
CY2qU.png

Took this screenshot today after work.. on PA 1.992.. very very impressive battery life..

Sent from my JB ParanoidAndroid Samsung Epic 4G Touch!

Reactions: remonk

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Definitely a ROM that I will be trying soon. I have stayed away from JB builds (why I don't really know lol) but think this will be the first one I install.

chuckz28

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
So I ended up taking the plunge while bored at work Monday night. I've got to say I love it. Google now is awesome and so is the performance. Battery life still doesn't compare to gingerbread but it is better than ICS. The phablet mode is really neat and using it I have been able to keep the stock phone look for the launcher while being able to finally view HD videos in the YouTube app (actually has readable text now). I also like being able to do full tablet mode for gmail for quicker access to functions. I do really miss some touchwiz things like the clipboard with multiple copy paste history etc but alll in all I'm going to stick with this for a while.