So, somewhere along the line rotation has stopped working. Either from dark knights port or phantoms rom. I've gone so far as to do a el29 factoy reset. No luck. Rotation does work for the camera and sky maps apps so I know it's not the sensors. But it does not work for gallery, browser, text messaging, video etc...

Any help would be great.
    09-12-2012 11:25 AM
    I had that same problem for a few days and then it corrected itself. I am running PA 2.1 and the only thing I could get to rotate was the camera app. After checking all the settings to ensure rotation was on, I couldn't find a reason it wouldn't work. After about a week of running the ROM, it just started to work!?! Wish I could tell you if there was anything I did. Have you tried using GoLauncher or CoLocker? I installed those to try them, but removed them shortly after. Maybe they corrected my rotation issue???
    09-12-2012 11:38 AM
    I had that same problem for a few days and then it corrected itself. I am running PA 2.1 and the only thing I could get to rotate was the camera app. After checking all the settings to ensure rotation was on, I couldn't find a reason it wouldn't work. After about a week of running the ROM, it just started to work!?! Wish I could tell you if there was anything I did. Have you tried using GoLauncher or CoLocker? I installed those to try them, but removed them shortly after. Maybe they corrected my rotation issue???

hmm, no I haven't used any alternate launchers or anything. The odd thing is that when I fully wiped and restored to factory GB I still had the problem, so something in there isn't getting deleted or overwritten. It's really frustrating
    09-12-2012 11:45 AM
    Well, fixed it. I tried toggling the "use calibration data" and re-calibrated again and now it's working...
    09-12-2012 12:49 PM
    hmm, no I haven't used any alternate launchers or anything. The odd thing is that when I fully wiped and restored to factory GB I still had the problem, so something in there isn't getting deleted or overwritten. It's really frustrating
    Having the same problem. Have you found a solution?
    09-14-2012 10:34 AM
    I went back to the EK02 ROM and calibrated and it started working.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Android Central Forums
    09-22-2012 06:24 PM
    Flash a jellybean ROM and go into settings and check off use calibration data and it should be fixed for any other ROM
    09-26-2012 07:16 PM