I watched the qbking77 video and I'm lost on how to flash it. I have agat kernel #v0.5.4. He keeps saying I need el26. I thought el26 was a gb kernel. Could somebody make some sense out of this for me. Thank you.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Android Central Forums
    09-13-2012 12:07 AM
    The el26 kernel packed with cwm5 is the absolute safest kernel out there to flash from. I prefer to mobile Odin the kernel btw. Ics recoveries have a brick bug. Where formatting from it will have the possibility of hard bricking your device. There are safe recoveries, however I don't take the chance. It takes a couple extra minutes if that to mobile Odin el26. I believe it was made by chris41g. Whatever rom you flash has its own kernel inside. So the el26 kernel will be overwritten once you are finished flashing. For this phone we do not have a separate recovery and kernel. We need it packed together. Any more questions or if you still don't understand let me know happy flashing. Also if you don't have it get calkulin's format all.zip over at xda. It formats your data system cache and dalvik in one shot. It leaves both internal and external SD cards alone though.

sent from my BAD A$$ Epic touch
    09-13-2012 01:06 AM
    OK so I just flashed el26 threw mobile oden my phone is now bricked. What do I do. I tried going into recovery and it won't let me do anything in there. Please help ASAP.

Sent from my PC36100 using Android Central Forums
    09-13-2012 01:43 AM
    I figured it out. Wow. That freaked me out.

Sent from my PC36100 using Android Central Forums
    09-13-2012 02:17 AM
    Lol. Forgot to tell you. If you flash el26 kernel and you were on an ics rom it won't boot. Battery pull or push and hold power. To get into recovery is just pushing volume up and power until it brings you there

09-13-2012 06:52 AM
    Yeah I thought I completely screwed up my phone. So I did a recovery and then flashed a jb rom. It's pretty decent and clean. I ran the Nova launcher over top of it and it's really nice.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Android Central Forums
    09-13-2012 11:10 AM
    The el26 kernel packed with cwm5 is the absolute safest kernel out there to flash from. I prefer to mobile Odin the kernel btw. Ics recoveries have a brick bug. Where formatting from it will have the possibility of hard bricking your device. There are safe recoveries, however I don't take the chance. It takes a couple extra minutes if that to mobile Odin el26. I believe it was made by chris41g. Whatever rom you flash has its own kernel inside. So the el26 kernel will be overwritten once you are finished flashing. For this phone we do not have a separate recovery and kernel. We need it packed together. Any more questions or if you still don't understand let me know happy flashing. Also if you don't have it get calkulin's format all.zip over at xda. It formats your data system cache and dalvik in one shot. It leaves both internal and external SD cards alone though.

I know that the kernel and recovery are packed together but is there a way to pull a recovery from one kernel to use on another I am a major flashoholic and some ROMs use cmw others use twrp I want to be able to use one or the other for quicker restores and consistency.

any help would be greatly appreciated
    09-14-2012 07:04 PM
    You can do that two ways. Either repack your own which idk how to. Or have the kernel/recovery on your SD card. I personally don't care for cwm. I use one of chris41g's experimental build kernels which has twrp as the recovery. When I go into the recovery (cwm) I then flash the other kernel (twrp) and then I flash whatever I wanted. Nandroids will be a problem though. If you use the aosp kernel with twrp and try making a nAndroid of your current touchwiz rom it won't boot. Best I can tell you is download and keep up to date kernels for the type of rom you are running. Example. If you used crack stock fi03 over at xda, and nandroid using the aosp kernel with twrp, have a copy of agats kernel handy. That way after the restore just flash the kernel and you are all set. This phone is a pain in the *** sometimes.

thedon8253 likes this.
    09-14-2012 10:08 PM
    Great info in this thread actually. Thanks a lot guys!

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2
    09-15-2012 12:16 AM
    Anytime

09-15-2012 12:24 AM