[ROM][UNOFFICIAL] AOKP JB d710 Build 5 [OCT22]

JayWill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
Re: [ROM][UNOFFICIAL] AOKP JB d710 Build 2 [SEP16]

OP updated for Build 2 release. Check the AOKP link for new features :)

Gah I just flashed build 1.2 today! Ah well, I've re-set up my phone so many times now I can do it in my sleep. Looking forward to flashing this tomorrow. Thank you for your work and bringing this to the community slick!

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

remonk

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site

i have been using the rom for the 2nd day, and so far, ITS FANTASTIC... i did go back to CM10 jb. but this rom was great and very smooth.
Epic 4g touch.

thanks again Corrupt_Data for the hard work :)

dorkultra

Jun 29, 2012
Visit site

can someone point me in the right direction for flashing a safe CWM? i'm currently on AOKP milestone 6 with teamwin v2.2.1

dorkultra

Jun 29, 2012
Visit site

i got it installed and I really like how fast it runs. the weak vibration issue is fixed

bluetooth audio is pretty much broken for me. it works ok for my bluetooth headphones, but not my car headunit. i'm using a kenwood kdc-x996. previously it would stream audio and control pandora without much issue on AOKP milestone 6.

now the audio is somewhat choppy and it will not interact with pandora at all. i will try resetting the unit to see what happens

JayWill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site

Has anyone gotten GPS to lock on this ROM ???? Without going back to GB

Yes many have, myself included. But there is some kind of oddity with the GPS on this phone where it will sometimes lock up after flashing an ICS or JB ROM.

The trick is to get a lock using maps or a GPS app while running a GB ROM, then shutdown with your GPS locked and flash your new ROM. If you want to run this ROM, you'll need to flash back to a GB base and do that.

Last edited:

Corrupt_Data

Aug 12, 2012
Visit site

Sorry for the lack of updates guys. I've been having some bugs in my builds that I'm working on fixing. Thanks for being patient.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

thenameisnigel

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site

It would be TOTALLY awesome if you wrote a guide to building it! :D I tried using other people's guides and modifying it for the Epic Touch but I don't know?

Corrupt_Data

Aug 12, 2012
Visit site

It would be TOTALLY awesome if you wrote a guide to building it! :D I tried using other people's guides and modifying it for the Epic Touch but I don't know?
thenameisnigel ill see what I can do.

Build 3 is up guys! Check the changelog for new features and fixes.

siniglesias

Sep 28, 2012
Visit site

Oh emm effing gee. This is awesome. Working flawless here. Thank you so much.
I tried stock rooted, universe Rom, cyanogenmod9, and an aokp ics Rom milestone 6 I think.
This Rom is perfect so far. Fast smooth, Google now! Jelly bean! Thank you!

Oh by the way this was my first post. This Rom is so good I had to register to give my thanks

LOVE THE BOOT ANIMATION!

gbean

Dec 21, 2011
Visit site
Re: [ROM][UNOFFICIAL] AOKP JB d710 Build 3 [SEP27]

I am currently on AOKP ICS, and am wondering if this ROM will natively play .AVI video files?
The AOKP ICS version does not....

Corrupt_Data

Aug 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: [ROM][UNOFFICIAL] AOKP JB d710 Build 4 [OCT1]

You can flash right over, just wipe cache/dalvik first.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

siniglesias

Sep 28, 2012
Visit site

Flashed- working great so far. Thanks again

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Android Central Forums

Arkimedes

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site

Flashed Build 4 over Build 3.1 - Some apps got removed. Market wouldn't open. Says "Billing not available for this version of Market".

I then Factory Reset, Wiped All, Flashed Build 4, Flashed Gapps - Opened Market, didn't show any of the Gapps to be updated like it usually does. Went to ALL to see my previous apps. All the ones I purchased weren't "Purchased" anymore. Would have to buy them it looked like.

Wiped and Flashed back to Build 3.1 - Everything working well as it did before.

Anyone else have any issues with Build 4? If so, I'll add to bug tracker. Otherwise, did I do something wrong? Just did the normal routine in my opinion. A flash over previous, had issues. A fresh install / flash, had issues.

Corrupt_Data

Aug 12, 2012
Visit site

Sometimes when just upgrading builds, you might have to re flash Gapps so try that next time after flashing upgraded build.

Arkimedes

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site

I managed to install Build 4 this time no problems but i'm still having ridiculous battery issues. Seems to last about 3 to 4 hours if i'm not on wifi and i use it regularly (check email, texts...). I tried just leaving my phone in the recovery reboot screen and it managed to stay on for another 3 hours after it "died" in the ROM. I can fully charge my battery in 30 minutes so I know something is wonky. I've tried multiple things with battery stats too.

Any suggestions? I really really enjoy the ROM. I had a similar problem on the CM10 ROM also in this forum.

Corrupt_Data

Aug 12, 2012
Visit site

Wipe your battery stats. It shouldn't fully charge from 0 to 100 in 30 minutes.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleezzyy21