Trying to install Clockworkmod after root, what do I do now?

volvo802

Sep 18, 2012
Visit site
Hey guys.
SO I rooted my E4GT and I wasn't sure how to tell if the root I did came with a clockworkmod recovery mode thing. I skipped ahead and downloaded "e4gtauto-sfx.exe" to my PC, and ran it which brough me to a CMD type screen.
Steps I'm following:
How to Install ClockworkMod Recovery on the Sprint Galaxy S II Epic 4G Touch running Android 4.0.4 - TheUnlockrTheUnlockr
After entering D for "bootimg's FD02-FF18" I don't know which one to select or what the difference are, and if all are useable.
Yes, to answer your question, I'm a bit of a noob, but pretty good with directions and have been managing well so far other than a silly USB issue.
I checked my "about phone" and noticed it said "FF18" at the end of both baseband version and build version. Should that be the one I continue with?

Running 4.0.4
Windows 7 as well

patrao_n

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site
Yes ff18. And remember if you have problems like battery or anything you might want to do the one click for fi03. Its the Newest leak. Fh13 I believe was the newest official release from sprint so far. It came after the ff18 release

sent from my BAD A$$ Epic touch

patrao_n

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site
By the way if you are rooted and wanted to put a custom rom on, you can use an app called mobile Odin. With root it will allow you to flash a .tar format of a kernel. Such as the el26 kernel with cwm5. By far the safest to flash with. Just remember because its a gingerbread kernel, if you flashed it and tried to boot the phone up it would boot loop. So after flashing whatever rom you wanted it would be overwritten with the new kernel and you could reboot no problem.

volvo802

Sep 18, 2012
Visit site
Sweet!
Yeah, I was rooted. I just wanted to get some customization flowing. I had a Xperia forever. The damn thing got run over by a car, and I found it after the snow melted. New screen+battery, and it worked up until last year haha. Ever since I've missed custom LED lights, custom start ups and more that it basically came with (was unlocked from europe). But this Epic is, well epic, after a htc hero and kyocera lol.

Flashed with FF18, as of 20 minutes ago, and now I'm off to figure out how to get cyanogen mod up and on her.

patrao_n

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site
OK. Go to goo.im/devs/chris41g/cm
Look for the zip named beta1. Its a really stable version. All the others on there are experimental build which I wouldn't suggest you using just yet. Use mobile Odin to flash the el26 kernel with cm5. Reboot recovwey. Flash calkulins format all zip. After that flash the cm9beta1 and then flash gapps.
Remember to use something like titanium backup to back up your apps and any data you might have first.