Okay so my phones been rooted, I messed it up with ICS update. I didn't know you couldn't update with root, then re-rooted it. The main reason I rooted my phone was for the tether. I am using "Wifi Tether for Root Users" by Muller, Lemons and Buxton. I actually do have the Sprint Hotspot (2GB) and wanted to know if they can see how much data I've used because I keep getting the notification for data usage saying I have use 7.51GB. My phone is on my grandmother's bill and I don't want her to have to pay for it. I thought if you rooted and used tether that the tether service was free but I have been worrying nonstop over this. Also, the tethering has been painfully slow. I use the tether for my laptop and my husband's xbox. It was doing great, actually faster than some of his friends' that plays connection through big companies, but lately it has just been more of a headache than what it's worth. I was wondering if that had something to do with how much data we've used or if it was something else and if there was any way I can fix it to make it faster. I just tried to download something and it said it would take two days for a 90MB download and the Xbox Live update hasn't gone anywhere and we've been trying all day.

Since the ICS update my battery has been horrible. I have to charge it about six times a day. I installed Battery Dr Saver and ran that while charging but it was charging for 5 hours and still hadn't hit 100%. It only wanted to stay on 99%. It seems now that my phone never charges to 100% no matter how long I leave it charging but drains the battery in no time. I've heard about Juice Defender but haven't tried that yet, any opinions on that? Is it just the ICS update that is killing my battery and how can I fix it?

I wanted to change my animation for startup but haven't found any good apps to do this with if anyone could recommend me some.

I was thinking about going back to gingerbread. I've had so many problems since the ICS update and feel I might be better off with going back to gingerbread. Can I do this and how would I go about it?

Also my phone keeps coming up about a system update. Should I go ahead and update? If so, how do I do that with the root? If not, how can I get it to stop reminding me every 15 minutes?

I forgot to mention that I have Sprint.
    Thanks to anyone that can offer any help at all!!
    09-27-2012 04:56 PM
    You don't want your grandmother to have to pay for it? Then give her the money. The fact that the number on the paper is higher means she has to pay for it?
    09-27-2012 10:25 PM
    What Im saying is that on my phone it says 7gb is used, but thats been for the tether. Thats why I was wondering if Sprint sees the tether or not.

Theres no need to be a smartass. This is where people come for help on these topics.
    09-28-2012 06:48 AM
    Can anyone help me, please?
    09-28-2012 08:36 PM
    You might want to ask over at xda. There is a larger audience. I don't tether so I couldn't tell you. Xda-developers.com go to the forums and find the subforum for this phone. Make sure you put it in q and a section. Good luck and sorry I couldn't help.

sent from my BAD A$$ Epic touch
    09-28-2012 10:24 PM
    Thank you, I will check out xda then. Thats okay Patrao, you helped me get my phone rerooted. Thank you again for that.
    09-29-2012 08:56 PM
    No worries

sent from my BAD A$$ Epic touch
    09-29-2012 10:30 PM