Im pretty sure I know the answer, but thought I would ask here.

After I root his phone and install everything, would you recommend deleting all the apps so that he wont get in trouble, like Superuser, ROM Mgr, Mobile Odin, or just put all of them in a file and tell him not to mess with it?

Thanks,
    Byrd
    10-04-2012 10:01 AM
    Put mobile odin in a folder. Can't really do too much with superuser. Definitely delete rom manager. It has the possibility of bticking this phone.

sent from my BAD A$$ Epic touch
    10-04-2012 11:05 AM
    Thanks for the info! BTW, why does ROM Mgr have the ability to brick the phone. I saw someone say that in another thread and did a search, but could not find out why. Is it automatically installed as part of CWM recovery system?
    10-04-2012 12:19 PM
    Thanks for the info! BTW, why does ROM Mgr have the ability to brick the phone. I saw someone say that in another thread and did a search, but could not find out why. Is it automatically installed as part of CWM recovery system?
    Using ROM manager to temp flash CWM then wipe the data partition has the potential to lock up the emmc chip and hard brick this phone. This is due to a design flaw in the emmc firmware on the E4GT and a few other Samsung GSII class devices.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2
    10-04-2012 12:28 PM
    Its also because rom manager is just flashing a recovery. Our recovery on this phone needs to be baked into a kernel. Unlike almost every other phone I know of

10-04-2012 01:15 PM
    Exact post I needed my Co worker wants me to do the same... She had a prev nexus not Gnex and misses stock... Now has the e4gt... Was trying to see if a fully functional JB rom was out there... And what I would delete once done... You haves answered half.... Now are there any finished jb roms... Not nightlies

Sent from my GS3....
    10-05-2012 05:11 PM
    All jb roms at the moment have problems with battery life. I would definitely hold off until something happens there. As it will become a headache when she complains about the low volume issue and the bad battery.

10-05-2012 05:19 PM