[ROM][CM]PandaROM 4.1

thenameisnigel

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
PandaROM 4.1 (Android Jellybean 4.2.1)

PandaROM is a free, community built distribution of Android 4.2.1 (Jellybean) which greatly extends the capabilities of your phone.

This is an alpha build. It isn't recommended for use as a daily driver.

My GitHub is located here:
https://github.com/thenameisnigel

Standard CM Disclaimer:
/* * Your warranty is now void. * * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if * you point the finger at me for messing up or hard bricking your device, I will laugh at you. */

Please do post bug reports on my issue tracker for these builds. These are OFFICIAL Alpha Builds of PandaROM 4.0.4 for the LG Viper 4G LTE. I have private testers supplying me with logcats.

Credits to Developers:
  • CyanogenMod Team (Based on there hard work)
  • All my testers (Thanks Everyone)
  • sbrissen
  • Chris41G

Private Testers Credits:
Blah.

What Works?
Near everything.

Known Issues?
You tell me. ;)

INSTRUCTIONS:
  1. Unlock/root your device
  2. Flash Cannibal Open Touch Recovery. Do a Nandroid backup
  3. Wipe /data and /cache (If you are on any of my previous nightly builds just wipe /cache and /data/dalvik-cache)
  4. Install the Panda ROM, then install the Google Addon (Gapps).
  5. Reboot out of recovery
  6. Enjoy PandaROM 4.1.

Authorized Ice Cream Sandwich Compatible Kernels:
Again, please wait.

Questions and Answer Section:
Q.) Gallery wont load my pictures. It only shows black tiles, how can I fix this issue? A.) Go onto your sdcard and delete ".nomedia" from it. Then go into Settings....applications.....rom manager and disable "Rom Manager". Boot into recovery and wipe cache and dalvik. Reboot. Q.) I cant get a GPS Lock at all...How do I fix this? A.) GPS works for 75-80% of people right out of the box without needing any special help to acquire a lock. However there are the other 20-25% that just cant get a lock. To fix this issue you need to Odin back to the stock ROM (EL29 or FF18) Get a solid GPS lock on the stock rom. Then flash the ROM. You shouldn't have anymore issues with GPS there after. Q.) Help me...I cant get root access to work, How do I fix this? A.) Open the superuser app. Go to the wrench for settings. Then select security. Then go to automatic response and set it to allow from prompt. It will then work fine. Q.) I can not get texts or receive calls...how do I fix this? A.) You are experiencing LOS. Do a reboot of your device each time it happens. Or use tasker app to flash the LoS Fix on xda site

Thanks to all contributors for this project. It couldnt be possible without everyone's contributions.

Last edited:

thenameisnigel

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
Re: [WIP][CM9]PandaCM

Screenshot_2012-11-20-07-30-04.png
Screenshot_2012-11-20-00-13-30.png
Screenshot_2012-11-20-08-59-51.png
Screenshot_2012-11-20-08-59-40.png

Screenshot_2012-11-20-08-59-06.png
Screenshot_2012-11-20-08-57-14.png

Last edited:

thenameisnigel

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
Changelog for ICS Builds:
Alpha 1: Initial Public Release. Alpha 2: Private Release. Alpha 3: Private Release. Alpha 4: Private Release. Alpha 5: Tester-Only Release.

Changelog for Jellybean 4.1.2 Builds
Alpha 1: Private Release. Alpha 2: Tester-Only Release. Alpha 3: Dead on Arrival. Alpha 4: Private Release. Alpha 5: Tester-Only Release. Alpha 6: Tester-Only Release. Alpha 7: JenkinsBot Test Build. Alpha 8: Last Private Build. / Released to testers. Alpha 8: Last Alpha Build / Released to testers.
Changelog for Jellybean 4.2.1 Builds
Release Candiate 1: Initial Public Release build for Jellybean 4.2.1 / ICS development has dropped to monthly builds only.

Last edited:

thenameisnigel

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
Re: [WIP][CM9]PandaCM

ICS News:
PandaROM 3.4 (Android 4.0.4) has now lost official nightly and beta support. PandaROM 3.4 has now reached the EOL (End of Life) stage in which the ROM will only be updated on the 15th of every month.

Jellybean News:
The Epic 4G Touch has now gained official support by the PandaROM team for official release candidate status.

Last edited:

thenameisnigel

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
Who's ready for some 4.2 goodies? My build is seeming to move smoothly.

Also, it is AOSP, NOT CyanogenMod 11? I don't even think they have a version for 4.2 yet, but I merged trees, used Chris41g, and EpicCM's github as well as themuppets and cyanogenmod to build my AOSP tree downloaded straight from Google. If you want, I can push my changes to my Github immediately, or I'll just wait until tomorrow.

Screenshot.png

Screenshot-1.png

mkfryan

Jan 28, 2012
Visit site
Any progress? I saw jay on xda locked your thread and you said it was compiling last night. If you need any testers be more than happy to looks awesome

thenameisnigel

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
Re: [ROM][CM]PandaROM 4.2

Any progress? I saw jay on xda locked your thread and you said it was compiling last night. If you need any testers be more than happy to looks awesome

I've hit a error that I don't understand. But yeah, I was pretty angry that Jay closed it like a hour after I posted it, so when I figure out the source of the error, I'll just post it here.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

thenameisnigel

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site

Alright, I made a empty file with notepad and named it the file that it couldn't build, and it's moving along well.

Edit: Actually I made it with Geany.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

mkfryan

Jan 28, 2012
Visit site

Awesome! Glad its coming along and you got the issue worked around. If you need any testers I can do pretty much anything needed just don't know coding

themisterwilson

May 11, 2012
Visit site

Well I just had to track this down after the thread got shut down on xda, and it's great to see that you're making progress. I'd be happy to help check this out once things get more stable so I'll be keeping up with this thread :) Best of luck with this!

asd216

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site

This just seems to good to be true lol. And all OP has to do is PM Jay and he'll unlock Rhett thread when the ROM is ready to be posted.

thenameisnigel

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site

Any news?

No boot , but at least I know it flashes. I think the ramdisk in the kernel has to be modified. I'm not a kernel wizard, but I've asked for someone to help me.

- - - Updated - - -

Any news?

No boot , but at least I know it flashes. I think the ramdisk in the kernel has to be modified. I'm not a kernel wizard, but I've asked for someone to help me.

asd216

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site

- - - Updated - - -

Sbrissen had a booting pre-alpha. Just freezes a lot. Maybe talk to him or Chris41g.