[LINK][ROM][ODIN][TAR]SPH-D710 FK23 (FK23 Modem/Kernel/ROM - Root/Stock)

speedblurr

May 31, 2010
Visit site
Jay, mine was full wipe. I had to install it twice. First time root didn't work even though you could see it. I have even swapped batteries with the wifes phone. This screenshot is from a couple minutes ago and my screen time of 38min 52sec. I wouldn't call these numbers "horrible", just not what I am used to with ICS.

Screenshot_2012-12-08-23-42-21.png
[/IMG]

JayWill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
Quick question, is it safe to flash this froma 4.1.1 cm10 JB ROM or do I have to revert to something else first? Thanks

It doesn't matter what's currently on your phone when you use Odin to flash. The only time you need to be cautious is when you're using a custom recovery to flash.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

JayWill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
Are there going to be any new iterations of this before the final build

Hard to say for sure. Fk23 is an official release candidate, but I'm betting we see a newer version when the update is pushed out officially.

Oleyeller

Jun 28, 2012
Visit site
uploadfromtaptalk1355117208983.jpg

This is mine the big drop i think is from me using it for a time.... Otherwise great

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Android Central Forums

Azwizzard

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site
I think I am going to do a Titanium Backup of my apps and data and then try and re-flash mine this weekend, just to see if it helps battery life. I did do the Full - Data Wipe version the 1st time.

My standby time has been outstanding... but using the phone for anything, I can watch the battery percentage drop as I use it.

speedblurr

May 31, 2010
Visit site
My standby time has been outstanding... but using the phone for anything, I can watch the battery percentage drop as I use it.

This is exactly what I am dealing with, to the tee. I am down to 36% battery, been 8h49m17s on batt and screen has only been on a total of 58m45s. I think I am going to attempt one more full wipe reinstall before going back to ICS.

Oleyeller

Jun 28, 2012
Visit site
Turning on my gps seems to stabilize that battery.. I get better life with it on.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Android Central Forums

anthony15a

Dec 18, 2012
Visit site
Hi all,

Thanks for all your work to bring us the latest & greatest! I notice a lot of users, if not all, seem to be US based with Sprint 4G etc so can I just ask if this is OK to use in the good ol' UK? I know it's an international version but after reading through the posts I could not see any mention of UK users & don't want to cause myself problems :D I'd rather ask & look silly now than down the road with knackered phone. Thanks.

garwynn

Jul 6, 2011
Visit site
Hi all,

Thanks for all your work to bring us the latest & greatest! I notice a lot of users, if not all, seem to be US based with Sprint 4G etc so can I just ask if this is OK to use in the good ol' UK? I know it's an international version but after reading through the posts I could not see any mention of UK users & don't want to cause myself problems :D I'd rather ask & look silly now than down the road with knackered phone. Thanks.

Unfortunately this is Sprint only... but I thought there is a global leak as well. Will check.

anthony15a

Dec 18, 2012
Visit site
Thank-you garwynn! I have found the leaked version for use in general on the Galaxy S2, link here: I9100XXLSJ

I think this is just the general leak from 16th november but it's on the o2 forums in the UK. It also claims that when the "final" update is released the kies or ota update will work just fine with this version installed. Hope this helps somebody else.

garwynn

Jul 6, 2011
Visit site
Thank-you garwynn! I have found the leaked version for use in general on the Galaxy S2, link here: I9100XXLSJ

I think this is just the general leak from 16th november but it's on the o2 forums in the UK. It also claims that when the "final" update is released the kies or ota update will work just fine with this version installed. Hope this helps somebody else.

Thanks - We're an odd case with our Galaxy S II in that we can't use the international builds... does bad, bad things to our phone....

Tsukiyomi

Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for this. I've just installed it (other than installing ICS via SD card when it was released this is the first thing I've done with the inner workings of my phone). All seems good so far although my battery life appears to be taking a hit too - dropped 4% in 15 minutes of tinkering with settings.

youngjediboy

Aug 22, 2011
Visit site
Been using this leaked JB ROM for about 5 days now... has been working perfectly until earlier today my phone would just reboot by itself... and it keeps rebooting.
I didn't make any changes or download any new apps or anything. It just suddenly went crazy. It's really annoying and I'm trying to figure out what's wrong with it.

I hope it's not a hardware issue again as this is a replacement I got for a defective power button. I had to wait a week for the refurbished replacement because the Sprint stores don't have these in stock anymore...

EDIT: Alright, I've just flashed it back to an earlier ICS Rom, FF18, and the issue is still there. I guess I ended up getting a bad refurbished replacement... sigh.
Guess I'll have to put up with this for another week to wait for yet another replacement...

I just have crappy luck with bad hardware. The JB Rom is all good though!

Last edited:

michaeljc70

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
Just to clarify, I did a Full restore and it left my data intact. I'm sure it cleared system data,etc, but my pictures, files, etc were still there which surprised me. That is more like a factory reset than a full restore.

youngjediboy

Aug 22, 2011
Visit site
Just to clarify, I did a Full restore and it left my data intact. I'm sure it cleared system data,etc, but my pictures, files, etc were still there which surprised me. That is more like a factory reset than a full restore.

It doesn't touch your microSD card, so if you had pictures and files on there they should still be there!
But your accounts, customizations, apps, etc do all get reset.

garwynn

Jul 6, 2011
Visit site

From an Android perspective a full restore only is defined as returning the system to hey factory setting. If you had it on a micro SD card as mentioned in the post above that should not be white. Everything else should be though.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

michaeljc70

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
From an Android perspective a full restore only is defined as returning the system to hey factory setting. If you had it on a micro SD card as mentioned in the post above that should not be white. Everything else should be though.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

No, I am talking about data on the internal memory. My files are still there. Video files, music, photos, etc. I know it won't wipe the SD card.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Landers2