Need help rooting epic 4g touch!

v3po

Dec 13, 2012
Visit site
Can someone please help me, im new to rooting and the Android OS, but very familier with iOS. I just got a Samsung Galaxy S II Epic 4G touch and id like to root it.The android version is 2.3.6 and the baseband is FI24, R760.01. Also im not with a big provider like At&t or Sprint, Im with a local service provider called silverstar. Not sure if that will affect the rooting process. Sorry kind of a noob with Androids, can someone please help?

garwynn

Jul 6, 2011
Visit site
Can someone please help me, im new to rooting and the Android OS, but very familier with iOS. I just got a Samsung Galaxy S II Epic 4G touch and id like to root it.The android version is 2.3.6 and the baseband is FI24, R760.01. Also im not with a big provider like At&t or Sprint, Im with a local service provider called silverstar. Not sure if that will affect the rooting process. Sorry kind of a noob with Androids, can someone please help?

OK, first things first. If it's the SCH-R760 you're on a different phone than the SPH-D710. It's a Galaxy S II but different H/W.
So please don't flash Sprint builds or that could do bad things to your phone.

I believe ICS is out on the US Cellular site, you may be able to use that one but I'm not sure what if any changes will be required.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar