Any way to get the JB Camera with Photosphere?

youngjediboy

Aug 22, 2011
Visit site
Hi everyone! Sorry if this is a dumb/noob question but I'm completely new to rooting/hacking but I will be getting a replacement E4GT in the coming days and will be putting the leaked Jelly Bean update on it. From what I've read that update is still Samsung/Touchwiz and so it has Samsung's camera app rather than Google/Android's original camera app.

Is there any way to get the original JB camera app on our phones and get it to have the Photosphere functionality?

Thanks!

bbp929

Dec 29, 2012
Visit site
Hi everyone! Sorry if this is a dumb/noob question but I'm completely new to rooting/hacking but I will be getting a replacement E4GT in the coming days and will be putting the leaked Jelly Bean update on it. From what I've read that update is still Samsung/Touchwiz and so it has Samsung's camera app rather than Google/Android's original camera app.

Is there any way to get the original JB camera app on our phones and get it to have the Photosphere functionality?

Thanks!

follow the direction Android 4.2 Camera/Gallery "Working!" - xda-developers

byrdcfmma

Sep 21, 2012
Visit site
To get the 4.2 JB photosphere camera, you will need to be on the AOSP JB. I don't think it will work with the leaked TW JB Rom.

youngjediboy

Aug 22, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the link. It looks like video doesn't work on it though... And as far as using other ROMs it seems like nothing is really 100% stable except for that leaked TW JB ROM so I will just stick with that for now and miss out.

Looks like come the end of contract I will just go Nexus for the next phone!

byrdcfmma

Sep 21, 2012
Visit site
There are a few AOSP style roms like cm10 that will give you that nexus feel now. It is pretty stable, you also have codename android, paranoid android, and pacman. All of them are stable enough for a DD and will work with the 4.2 camera.

I forgot to mention that you can have the reg. Camera at the same time and video works on that.

youngjediboy

Aug 22, 2011
Visit site
There are a few AOSP style roms like cm10 that will give you that nexus feel now. It is pretty stable, you also have codename android, paranoid android, and pacman. All of them are stable enough for a DD and will work with the 4.2 camera.

I forgot to mention that you can have the reg. Camera at the same time and video works on that.

Yeah but from what I've been reading there always seems to be some kind of bug or something that could crash the phone or something... I'd rather wait for "stable stable" rather than just "pretty stable" and have something force close or mess up when I'm using it and really need it to be working.

Thanks though! Maybe I'll change my tune when I try the leaked JB TW Rom and it feels lacking while I impatiently wait for my contract to end. :)

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Yeah but from what I've been reading there always seems to be some kind of bug or something that could crash the phone or something... I'd rather wait for "stable stable" rather than just "pretty stable" and have something force close or mess up when I'm using it and really need it to be working.

Thanks though! Maybe I'll change my tune when I try the leaked JB TW Rom and it feels lacking while I impatiently wait for my contract to end. :)

The CM10 builds are pretty stable now...you'll never get "stable stable" because it's not OEM software and often hacks need to be implemented to get things to work. You won't really know until you give the buid a try and see if it meets your daily use habits.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1