Neep Some Help

jcogdell56

Feb 5, 2013
Visit site
Im a newbie to the rooted world. my samsung glaxy s2 epic touch is now rooted. but i need to know what roms are...where so you get them and how do you get them on my phone...plus any other things i can do now that my phone is rooted...thanks

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Here is some general information to help you understand a few thing. Take the time to read up a bit for future reference.

For our device, ROMs can be found in the Hacking/Development forum if a developer has started a thread and has included downloads to their ROM -- there's not too much activity here for ROM support on our device. You'll also need to familiarize yourself with XDA-Developers. XDA is where the developers are and most of the support for custom ROMs, Development, etc. is for Android. I don't want to link to XDA, so make your way to the forums there and search for the Epic 4g Touch. Instructions to install custom ROMs are generally explained for each custom ROM thread. But you'll want to review this thread, http://forums.androidcentral.com/ep...rtant-read-regarding-emmc-brick-bug-e4gt.html put together by Jaywill to understand how to properly flash a ROM on the Epic4GTouch without bricking the phone. Note that you can only install a ROM made specifically for the E4GT.

I hope I answered some of your questions. If you have anymore feel free to post -- welcome to AndroidCentral!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
w8wca