How to unroot my phone and remove superuser?

bellbabi91

Aug 9, 2012
Visit site
I have been trying desperately to do this to get help from Sprint on something, but every guide I find is outdated and may help unroot my phone, but it will not help remove superuser because ES File Explorer has been updated and nobody has a guide to remove superuser for it. My phone is currently unrooted (I had unrooted it back to L29 and then updated it, so it is currently model SPH-D710, Android 4.0.4, Baseband FH13, Build FH13, and Hardware D710.10.) However, I cannot remove the superuser app now. Does anybody know how I can completely remove superuser once my phone has been unrooted? If that is not possible, can somebody provide me with an UPDATED guide to help me root my phone again, uninstall superuser, and then unroot it completely?

Thank you so much. Pretty stressed about this now since I haven't had any luck doing this.

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
On Xda there are resources to return back to stock for our device. You'll need to install a stock ROM through Odin. Go to the Development forum for the Epic 4g touch.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I have been trying desperately to do this to get help from Sprint on something, but every guide I find is outdated and may help unroot my phone, but it will not help remove superuser because ES File Explorer has been updated and nobody has a guide to remove superuser for it. My phone is currently unrooted (I had unrooted it back to L29 and then updated it, so it is currently model SPH-D710, Android 4.0.4, Baseband FH13, Build FH13, and Hardware D710.10.) However, I cannot remove the superuser app now. Does anybody know how I can completely remove superuser once my phone has been unrooted? If that is not possible, can somebody provide me with an UPDATED guide to help me root my phone again, uninstall superuser, and then unroot it completely?

Thank you so much. Pretty stressed about this now since I haven't had any luck doing this.

Once you install a stock ROM through ODIN, that should delete everything, including the superuser app. You can go here Rwilco12's Android Repository and download the most updated stock ROM, GB27. I can't remember, but if you download the .exe file that get you everything you need. Just put your phone into download mode and open the file and click start.

Gary18

Jun 24, 2013
Visit site
hi,
i have the same problem with supersuser, it appeared on my samsung galaxy phone after a phone technician removed the network lock.
the technician used the superuser apps to unlock my phone without me knowing even though a network key code and an unaccepted sim is all that is needed to unlock the phone.
after reading answers from different sites, i read someone use "link2sd" apps from google play..i then tried to download it and it worked.
here is the procedure i've done,, with the rooted phone, (1) i removed the sdcard from the phone and plug it on my computer, (2) removed the "update.zip" file..
(3) reinstall back the sdcard to phone,, (4) restart phone and you will see superuser logo, don't worry. (5) using the phone, download "link2sd" apps from google play.
(6) open/start "link2sd" apps. it will show you all sys apps and installed apps..(7) select the "superuser" then click "action" button, it will then give you option to UNINSTALL
this procedure will work either rooted or unrooted phone..the last, if you want to remove "link2sd" simply click the uninstall button from "manage applications"...
removing "link2sd" on rooted the phone will have no effect and user will not again have access to sys apps that may accidentally delete by user..
thanks

anon(6162199)

Jul 2, 2013
Visit site
hello my computer cannot access my phone it has to be turn on
it said unknown device or u s b device not recognized
hi,
i have the same problem with supersuser, it appeared on my samsung galaxy phone after a phone technician removed the network lock.
the technician used the superuser apps to unlock my phone without me knowing even though a network key code and an unaccepted sim is all that is needed to unlock the phone.
after reading answers from different sites, i read someone use "link2sd" apps from google play..i then tried to download it and it worked.
here is the procedure i've done,, with the rooted phone, (1) i removed the sdcard from the phone and plug it on my computer, (2) removed the "update.zip" file..
(3) reinstall back the sdcard to phone,, (4) restart phone and you will see superuser logo, don't worry. (5) using the phone, download "link2sd" apps from google play.
(6) open/start "link2sd" apps. it will show you all sys apps and installed apps..(7) select the "superuser" then click "action" button, it will then give you option to UNINSTALL
this procedure will work either rooted or unrooted phone..the last, if you want to remove "link2sd" simply click the uninstall button from "manage applications"...
removing "link2sd" on rooted the phone will have no effect and user will not again have access to sys apps that may accidentally delete by user..
thanks

lifehacker101

Jul 31, 2012
Visit site
Please help me my computer cannot access my phone can it said unknown device. Help!!!!1
You might need to install the Samsung device drivers to get your computer to recognize the phone. (If I'm not mistaken). You can do a Google search for your device + samsung drivers and that should do it.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using AC Forums mobile app

UnderTheBanyan

Jun 3, 2013
Visit site
hi,
thanks

So I tried this and I get a little gray pop up notification saying "Link2sd has been denied superuser permissions" and I'm not allowed to remove it (rootchecker told me I do not have proper root access). I've use the rcwilco repository stock roms to reset my phone before but the superuser app is always in my app list. Not sure if i have to root it again to properly unroot or what to do really.

I can't update my phone to jelly bean (the official ota update) because jelly bean causes it to crash and I'm guessing it has something to do with super user, but I don't know enough so that's not even an educated guess. I have to send it back to samsung for a couple other issues so I want the super user app/data/EVERYTHING gone. Thanks in advance to anyone who helps!

PS: I have never once used adb or bootloader or any of the programs that I was supposed to so if there's a guide to doing it, please let me know!

sph-d710 virgin mobile

Schnaider Ward

Dec 19, 2013
Visit site
okay guys i have a big problem. i just got the note 2 from sprint i rooted it there has been a problem it keeps on freezing at the sprint logo. i wanna unroot it but i cant i try every method i get a fail. i live in florida, titusville near orlando if you know anybody that can help me please let me know thank you. i miss my phone so badd its been a week ive been trying

Schnaider Ward

Dec 19, 2013
Visit site
okay guys i have a big problem. i just got the note 2 from sprint i rooted it there has been a problem it keeps on freezing at the sprint logo. i wanna unroot it but i cant i try every method i get a fail. i live in florida, titusville near orlando if you know anybody that can help me please let me know thank you. i miss my phone so badd its been a week ive been trying please help droidAtScreen-5.png

Schnaider Ward

Dec 19, 2013
Visit site
bro can you help me i cant unroot my phone. i use odin to put the firmware COMBINATION_L900VPLJ1_L900VPALJ1_CL265523_HWID04_HW-Rev0406_user_low_ship.tar.md5 after sboot it says fail please help me bro