How to Install new OS through SD card Only? Please Help

roadrunner914

Feb 4, 2014
Visit site
Hi Everyone,

Would anyone please be able to teach me how to install a new OS on my Samsung Galaxy S2 Epic? My charging/data port isn't working (broken pin) so my only option is installing a new OS through my SD card. I have heard this can be done but I do not know how to approach this.

Heres the background story... while deleting useless bloatware (a must for any rooted phone), I think I may have accidentally deleted something important. As a result, I received two error messages (forgot what specifically but one ) that completely froze my phone. I then proceeded to take out the phone battery and restart, however, I encountered the dreaded boot loop and couldn't get pass the sprint startup logo. I am still able to enter recover mode so I tried wiping the cache and restarted it. When that didn't work, I was forced to do a factory reset but that didn't work either! Now I'm just desperate! If anyone has any solutions or ideas as to what happened I would Greatly Appreciate it. Thank you in advance!

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Hi Everyone,

Would anyone please be able to teach me how to install a new OS on my Samsung Galaxy S2 Epic? My charging/data port isn't working (broken pin) so my only option is installing a new OS through my SD card. I have heard this can be done but I do not know how to approach this.

Heres the background story... while deleting useless bloatware (a must for any rooted phone), I think I may have accidentally deleted something important. As a result, I received two error messages (forgot what specifically but one ) that completely froze my phone. I then proceeded to take out the phone battery and restart, however, I encountered the dreaded boot loop and couldn't get pass the sprint startup logo. I am still able to enter recover mode so I tried wiping the cache and restarted it. When that didn't work, I was forced to do a factory reset but that didn't work either! Now I'm just desperate! If anyone has any solutions or ideas as to what happened I would Greatly Appreciate it. Thank you in advance!

Welcome to Android Central :)
You can do this pretty easily. All you need to do is find the ROM of your choice, load it onto the SD card and boot into CWM/TWRP then hit install and find the .zip file

Posted via Android Central App

roadrunner914

Feb 4, 2014
Visit site
Hello! wow i didn't expect such a warm welcome on my first day. Thank you for aiding me in my time of desperation. Would you happen to know where I could find the appropriate ROM for this situation? I am only digging up files that require me to connect the phone via a data cable to install the OS. I have an external battery charger so I'm not short on power, just the ability to run programs directly from my computer. :\

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Hello! wow i didn't expect such a warm welcome on my first day. Thank you for aiding me in my time of desperation. Would you happen to know where I could find the appropriate ROM for this situation? I am only digging up files that require me to connect the phone via a data cable to install the OS. I have an external battery charger so I'm not short on power, just the ability to run programs directly from my computer. :\

Well since you can't plug it into the PC, you won't be able to flash the stock firmware, but you should still be able to flash custom ROMs. You can get these from many sites, but I would go to Google and enter your phone's model number, followed by the word "ROMs."
Then choose the one you like and download it, then move it onto the SD card. Then you would put that back in the phone and install it in recovery mode

Posted via Android Central App