Rooted stock 4.1.2, is there any way to map playback pause/resume to a hardware button?

Dark Penguin

Aug 21, 2011
Visit site
I've had the E4GT for about 18 months now, and recently reverted it from CM10.2 back to rooted stock Jellybean 4.1.2.

Is there any way I can make one of the HW buttons work to pause or resume whatever I'm listening to, whether it's Play Music or a radio app? Since there are only three buttons--volume up, volume down, and power, I'm thinking it would have to be a combination of two buttons, if it's even possible.

It would be great to have pause/resume control when the button on the headphone wire isn't available, and without having to read the screen.

Is there a way it can be done? A simple edit to an xml file?

0925184300af

Apr 28, 2016
Visit site
I've had the E4GT for about 18 months now, and recently reverted it from CM10.2 back to rooted stock Jellybean 4.1.2.

Is there any way I can make one of the HW buttons work to pause or resume whatever I'm listening to, whether it's Play Music or a radio app? Since there are only three buttons--volume up, volume down, and power, I'm thinking it would have to be a combination of two buttons, if it's even possible.

It would be great to have pause/resume control when the button on the headphone wire isn't available, and without having to read the screen.

Is there a way it can be done? A simple edit to an xml file?