It was quick, but an Essential exec posted some photos shot on the PH-1 over on Twitter.

Essential President Niccolo De Masi shares pictures shot with the PH-1-essential-phone-camera-test-phandroid.com-dblnlghvyaeegrv.jpg
    Essential President Niccolo De Masi shares pictures shot with the PH-1-essential-grainy-low-light-photo-2.jpg

Feel free to conjure up your own thoughts, but I personally think a $700 phone in 2017 shouldn't be producing these type of photos, with quite a bit of blur, somewhat narrow dynamic range, and overall an image that's pretty noisy. Probably why it was taken down shortly after.

Of course, this might as well be a pre-production device running non-final software, so let's hope the final product performs much better. I have hopes for this, because the hardware looks capable. It probably just needs a software tune-up.
    06-06-2017 10:04 AM
    Also saw comments on these from another site saying the same, disappointing for a high end phone. Maybe he just couldn't take pictures :P
    06-06-2017 11:59 AM
    Also saw comments on these from another site saying the same, disappointing for a high end phone. Maybe he just couldn't take pictures :P
    Could be user error as well.

But then, why bother uploading them? These are poor representations of what your product could do.
    06-06-2017 12:20 PM
    I'm guessing part of the problem is he's taking a picture through a window. You can see a bit of reflection in portions of those images.
    06-06-2017 04:42 PM
    I'm guessing part of the problem is he's taking a picture through a window. You can see a bit of reflection in portions of those images.
    That could very well explain (partially at least) the very lackluster photo quality.

But then, why upload them at all? It obviously doesn't put the phone's camera performance in a positive light.
    06-06-2017 07:01 PM
    That could very well explain (partially at least) the very lackluster photo quality.

But then, why upload them at all? It obviously doesn't put the phone's camera performance in a positive light.
    I would also add the scenery was pretty low light as well, but I don't disagree. If you're going to try and show off the capability of your product, it's best to give it to someone who's a bit more of a professional photographer and I would assume that's why they got taken down. Either that or they really were never intended to be shared and went up on Twitter by mistake. Either way a bit of a fumble. Hopefully we see some sample images soon.
    06-06-2017 10:08 PM
    I would also add the scenery was pretty low light as well, but I don't disagree. If you're going to try and show off the capability of your product, it's best to give it to someone who's a bit more of a professional photographer and I would assume that's why they got taken down. Either that or they really were never intended to be shared and went up on Twitter by mistake. Either way a bit of a fumble. Hopefully we see some sample images soon.
    Hopefully it's much better.

Because this has been a real downer. I really hope it's way better than this because this is frankly just really embarrassing for a company promoting their $700 flagship phone.
    06-06-2017 11:04 PM