Sprint Essential phone 50% off

msp1518

Sep 30, 2014
Visit site
In order to take advantage you would have to use Sprint as your carrier and unless you in some select big cities, that is not a good idea. Their coverage is God-awful.

Final-MacGyver

Dec 21, 2016
Visit site
Still a better deal in the end. You have the option to upgrade to a new phone at 18 months or buy the phone outright for $175. You end up saving $260 vs buying it outright.

sunriseshell

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
Just stumbled onto this deal yesterday, didn't even realize Sprint was going to have this phone let alone an exclusive. Was just wistfully surfing the phone and found it.

I'm so used to having to choose from the big 3 only, not getting options to get the "cool" phones. It's about time.

monezmod

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
Just ordered from Sprint on their discounted 18mo lease plan. Have a Nexus 6P now that I really like, so we'll see how the Essential phone stacks up. I've haven't seen any definitive news on their plans for software updates, so that is something that I am wary of.

modifier

Jul 13, 2017
Visit site
I've haven't seen any definitive news on their plans for software updates, so that is something that I am wary of.
Besides the 2yr/3yr promise from Essential, Marques' video said that updating the OS should be quick because it's so close to pure Android. Oreo is already in the works.

He mentions it toward the end:

anon(9918034)

May 19, 2016
Visit site
Just ordered from Sprint on their discounted 18mo lease plan. Have a Nexus 6P now that I really like, so we'll see how the Essential phone stacks up. I've haven't seen any definitive news on their plans for software updates, so that is something that I am wary of.

It literally runs stock Android. Updates will be super easy, also considering it's by the Co-founder of Android.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
greenbelte15