Essential Order and Shipping Thread

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
For those who said it was a phishing attack..I told you guys hackers have bigger fish to fry than going against no name essential. Tech sites are updating their story with response from Essential.

Update:*Essential has reached out to us with word that the email fiasco is not, in fact, a phishing attack.

While the situation has yet to be completely eradicated, an Essential employee has verified the authenticity of the email, meaning it’s not a phishing scam.

modifier

Jul 13, 2017
Visit site
For those who said it was a phishing attack..I told you guys hackers have bigger fish to fry than going against no name essential. Tech sites are updating their story with response from Essential.
LOL... it was the Reddit group who originally said it was a phishing attack. Your hypothetical was that it was a disgruntled employee. My hypothetical was a malicious hack. If it proves to be user error then we're both wrong, which doesn't matter since both were hypothetical speculations based on very little info at the time. ;)

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
LOL... it was the Reddit group who originally said it was a phishing attack. Your hypothetical was that it was a disgruntled employee. My hypothetical was a malicious hack. If it proves to be user error then we're both wrong, which doesn't matter since both were hypothetical speculations based on very little info at the time. ;)

Yeah I'm ok to be wrong. Just saying it's highly unlikely that it's a hack or phishing attack because no one cares about such a small company called Essential which just started and has basically no user base at this point. It's something internal whether it's a disgruntled employee or use error etc.

Aug 24, 2017
Visit site
Checked my order status on Sprint and it says 8/31 ship date but Sprint is suppose to have inventory in store on Friday.. Doesn't matter how long I wait.. Just want the phone.. For all the people complaining.. "1st world problems" for real.

anon(4743061)

Sep 10, 2010
Visit site
After reading the discussion on the camera chosen for this phone and that it's 2 years old where no amount of software upgrades will improve it, I decided to give up on this phone. They are using a 2 year old camera Sony IMX258 which will never live up to the Pixel ,HTCU11 and S8 results and now Note 8 which have better sensors with OIS or EIS and no amount of software updates will improve it. We were duped by Essential marketing on their camera specs especially for a premium phone. This camera will be no better than OPP 5.

Where did you find the camera sensor info? Id be interested in reading/seeing that

modifier

Jul 13, 2017
Visit site
So did any of the folks who got their tracking numbers last week get their phones today? Mine "shipped" Tuesday I think and it says Friday delivery, but the prior wave should be getting delivered right?
Update: It looks like someone over on XDA actually received theirs yesterday. However, it's a Sprint device and not one shipped direct from Essential.

https://forum.xda-developers.com/essential-phone/help/pointless-thread-t3664579

It still looks like the earliest direct orders will be delivered tomorrow.

Where did you find the camera sensor info? Id be interested in reading/seeing that
Originally posted here: https://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=73561250&postcount=6

anon(4743061)

Sep 10, 2010
Visit site
Customer support number goes directly to voicemail, email can't be delivered and the websites chat doesn't work. wtf
needless to say I removed my auto payment info from Affirm.

msp1518

Sep 30, 2014
Visit site
Cap One credited me back 699 moments ago. They will obviously have sent a message to Essential giving them time to respond. But yeah, I am out. I cannot imagine how many people are doing this and how many sales Essential is losing as a result of this blatant incompetence. For me it seems like Essential faces an impossible hill to climb here and I seriously doubt they will survive this disaster.

aviators99

Aug 30, 2017
Visit site
I checked all of the headers and made sure it was really from Essential. Even then, I didn't send anything that is not already visible or derivable about me from the web. The only thing I wouldn't want people to see that they can now see is my primary email address, which was already in their message to me.

y2jdmbfan

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
For some reason I want to try placing a new order and see if it ships before my original reservation...I must be a gluten for punishment.

aviators99

Aug 30, 2017
Visit site
Response from Andy Rubin about the screw up

https://www.essential.com/blog/an-acquired-taste

It's a good mea culpa regarding the error, but he really should have addressed at least *some* of the other issues. I know I, for one, would have really appreciated that. Also, since it was a "misconfiguration" like I said all along, does that mean they did need additional info from me, or not?

I have no interest in Lifelock. I'd rather a credit back for the same amount of money (while reserving my rights to seek whatever compensation I choose).

echau

Aug 21, 2017
Visit site
Good that they're manning up to their error from yesterday. However, they still have not addressed the fact that many who paid for their orders on 8/16 are still awaiting shipping.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cy3berOdyssey