Success returning the phone?

AntLyoN2053

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Finally got an email back and they opened a ticket, that was 2 days ago. It's a holiday so I'm willing to give them some slack...then my friend got the same email and was given a return label within 2 hours! Mine said it's open and it's being looked in to. It's all half truths or straight up lies

aitt

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
So this is the BS reply i got after the THIRD time i told them i want a refund/return

We fully understand your frustration, but we know that Essential Phone is a product that will exceed your expectations. We ask that you give this additional consideration, keeping in mind that we do have the 15 day buyer’s remorse policy. Please respond to this email letting us know how you would like to proceed. We hope to hear from you!

Sincerely,

Samuel
Essential Customer Experience Team

I'm so over this company. I don't care how nice any phone is. You don't BS customer request and try to renig you return policy. If they had cancelled my order the same day I ordered it, they wouldn't have to have worried about a return.

GuyWith4Kids

Oct 3, 2013
Visit site
So this is the BS reply i got after the THIRD time i told them i want a refund/return

We fully understand your frustration, but we know that Essential Phone is a product that will exceed your expectations. We ask that you give this additional consideration, keeping in mind that we do have the 15 day buyer’s remorse policy. Please respond to this email letting us know how you would like to proceed. We hope to hear from you!

Sincerely,

Samuel
Essential Customer Experience Team

I'm so over this company. I don't care how nice any phone is. You don't BS customer request and try to renig you return policy. If they had cancelled my order the same day I ordered it, they wouldn't have to have worried about a return.

I think in this situation they are hoping that if you give it more time the phone will grow on you. You can reply and say thanks but no thanks. I don't think their reply is out of line at all. The choice is still yours.

aitt

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
I think in this situation they are hoping that if you give it more time the phone will grow on you. You can reply and say thanks but no thanks. I don't think their reply is out of line at all. The choice is still yours.

To refuse a customer request 3 times after saying thanks but no thanks is out of line. To refuse to cancel the same day of order that took almost 2 weeks to ship is out of line. This company has had ample amount of time to stop this order before it shipped.

Yes the choice is mines, but they are refusing to honor that choice. I shouldn't have to beg any company for a return. And this is why a dispute had to be open with Affirm. It's ridiculous.

GuyWith4Kids

Oct 3, 2013
Visit site
To refuse a customer request 3 times after saying thanks but no thanks is out of line. To refuse to cancel the same day of order that took almost 2 weeks to ship is out of line. This company has had ample amount of time to stop this order before it shipped.

Yes the choice is mines, but they are refusing to honor that choice. I shouldn't have to beg any company for a return. And this is why a dispute had to be open with Affirm. It's ridiculous.

I do agree they should have offered to cancel the orders from the people that wanted them. I hope they learn from this. Customer service is not easy and they are learning the hard way

anon(661246)

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
I do agree they should have offered to cancel the orders from the people that wanted them. I hope they learn from this. Customer service is not easy and they are learning the hard way

I think it's only hard here because there seems to be a lack of leadership with the cs department

AntLyoN2053

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
how do you get them to open a ticket ?

I began to email them and voicemail them every day since I got the phone. After the 3rd email I got a response, they were all copy and paste of each other, Full name and address plus order number.

I now have 3 different people emailing me telling me I should get another email with the label...HUH!?!? I dont need 3 people involved in this, I need one competent one to just email me the damn label.

anon(4743061)

Sep 10, 2010
Visit site
They actually responded! Apparently they are going to MAIL me the return label... supposedly going to be here in 3-4 days. Given their track record I expect to see it in 7-8 lol

aitt

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
They actually responded! Apparently they are going to MAIL me the return label... supposedly going to be here in 3-4 days. Given their track record I expect to see it in 7-8 lol

Why do they need to mail a Fed Ex generated return label? Are they serious? Lol SMH.

aitt

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
So ar_garza I got the same email saying they are gong to mail me the return label, which is stupid. They still trying to pitch that I am confident Essential will exceed your expectation. Lady you lost me when you said exceed cause customer service has been far from that. I guess they think I still want this phone, which... I kinda do, but I can't stomach the support for it. That has just been a huge disappointment for me personally.

modifier

Jul 13, 2017
Visit site
I guess they think I still want this phone, which... I kinda do, but I can't stomach the support for it. That has just been a huge disappointment for me personally.
That's a fair concern. After comparing my ESN and IMEI numbers to a handful of home-brew Youtube videos where their numbers were shown unboxing, I have to think they've shipped at least 35,000+ units by now, possibly much more. They seem to only have about three full-time email jockeys working their support system, all of whom give as short of an answer as possible to move onto the next message. Surely they're buried right now and overlooking details. In time they'll hire more people and things will seem normal. For now it's going to be a bit disappointing for anyone expecting Amazon-like responses from just a few people.

On returns, even if the number is small compared to the number of units shipped, they're clearly under-staffed to handle everything at once. One could reasonably argue that it's better to run your current staff at 200% than to hire too many people and waste salaries. The latter is what puts new companies under. But, running your staff so thin is what makes mistakes, and we've certainly seen a few.

If there's a moral to the story it's that no one is ever awesome at their job on day one. ;)

anon(4743061)

Sep 10, 2010
Visit site
So ar_garza I got the same email saying they are gong to mail me the return label, which is stupid. They still trying to pitch that I am confident Essential will exceed your expectation. Lady you lost me when you said exceed cause customer service has been far from that. I guess they think I still want this phone, which... I kinda do, but I can't stomach the support for it. That has just been a huge disappointment for me personally.

I want to love this phone but we were promised a top notch camera and its far from that. My 6p is two years old and it takes unquestionably better photo especially at night. Even with the google camera it's still not as good. I could overlook the lack of water proofing and 3.5mm but I wanted the camera they promised. The lack of support is icing on the cake. EDIT: I would most likely keep the phone at a $499.

aitt

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
That's a fair concern. After comparing my ESN and IMEI numbers to a handful of home-brew Youtube videos where their numbers were shown unboxing, I have to think they've shipped at least 35,000+ units by now, possibly much more. They seem to only have about three full-time email jockeys working their support system, all of whom give as short of an answer as possible to move onto the next message. Surely they're buried right now and overlooking details. In time they'll hire more people and things will seem normal. For now it's going to be a bit disappointing for anyone expecting Amazon-like responses from just a few people.

On returns, even if the number is small compared to the number of units shipped, they're clearly under-staffed to handle everything at once. One could reasonably argue that it's better to run your current staff at 200% than to hire too many people and waste salaries. The latter is what puts new companies under. But, running your staff so thin is what makes mistakes, and we've certainly seen a few.

If there's a moral to the story it's that no one is ever awesome at their job on day one. ;)

That's fair. My biggest gripe was the same day order cancellation. Who knows I may reluctantly keep it but it's going against everything I feel.

One thing for sure is the Note 8 pale in build qualtiy as this phone.

modifier

Jul 13, 2017
Visit site
That's fair. My biggest gripe was the same day order cancellation. Who knows I may reluctantly keep it but it's going against everything I feel.
Understandable. If anything about the phone has me unexcited, it's the current status of their CS. But, they've responded to me quickly even if it's not always the exact answer I want to hear. I guess that's something. :D

One thing for sure is the Note 8 pale in build qualtiy as this phone.
I had an S8 briefly and wasn't impressed with its build, either. It felt like a $375 device marked up double just to pay for all of the marketing and hype.

jamezr

Trusted Member
Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
Finally received my refund last night. After all the CS reps who tried to talk me out of canceling my order. After all the promises and making me re verify all my information in every email. After having to describe my reason for wanting to cancel to every CS rep who responded to my emails. CS rep Chuck Haycox processed my refund.

What a complete nightmare ordering/canceling and customer service has been with this company.

aitt

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
My wife told me they gonna try to ride me out till the 15 days and then try to claim they can't accept it because it's been over 15 days. I'm inclined to believe her. Another 3-5 days to get a "mailed label" then have to talk to them? Just to get a return? Sigh. I really wish I just got the Note 8. If I have to I'll just have to sell this.

anon(661246)

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
My wife told me they gonna try to ride me out till the 15 days and then try to claim they can't accept it because it's been over 15 days. I'm inclined to believe her. Another 3-5 days to get a "mailed label" then have to talk to them? Just to get a return? Sigh. I really wish I just got the Note 8. If I have to I'll just have to sell this.

I think your right. It's taking so long to get an answer

aitt

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
I think your right. It's taking so long to get an answer

I just (again) sent a follow up to confirm if this label has been sent. I think at this point I'm not even frustrated anymore. I've exhausted patience on returning this phone so I'll just have to appreciate it while I still have it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
axool