Success returning the phone?

AntLyoN2053

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Received the phone today and I this is not the phone for me. I have left a voicemail and sent an email to essential. Has anyone return their phone? What was the process like?

markwebb

Aug 26, 2016
Visit site
Received the phone today and I this is not the phone for me. I have left a voicemail and sent an email to essential. Has anyone return their phone? What was the process like?
I can't even get to them to cancel an 8 day order which still hasn't shipped. Good luck on that.

AntLyoN2053

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
I can't even get to them to cancel an 8 day order which still hasn't shipped. Good luck on that.

Lol, thanks, same to you. That's the same story in every forum, twitter, and other social media sites. Ill keep trying and if not Ill contact Chase and ask for a charge back.

AntLyoN2053

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
They were just being delivered today. I think that's a fairly premature question. You have 30 days, right?

From what I have seen the whole return process seems to almost be impossible. I was going to refuse delivery but since you cant even get a hold of anyone there I dint want it to banish in to the ether along with my money. I can always try to sell it if nothing else.

anon(4743061)

Sep 10, 2010
Visit site
I just complained at them a bunch of times on Twitter, they said the would "elevate" my case. I don't know if it will really help but at least I actually got a response from someone

anon(1733)

Oct 14, 2009
Visit site
I was also worried about returning it or refusing shipment. I found someone to purchase the device so I'll just get it and turn it over to someone else. I'm done with this company. Don't want to go further down the road with them at this point.

jamezr

Trusted Member
Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
I emailed them everyday fir over a week. I politely requested a cancellation and refund. Politely explained I was charged with no product for a week and considered this to be fraud. Let them know I would be filing a BBB complaint and talking to my states attorneys office. I got the refund email this morning! I will get a refund in 7-10 days to the card I paid with.
Now to wait for 7 days and see what happens.

anon(661246)

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
I emailed them everyday fir over a week. I politely requested a cancellation and refund. Politely explained I was charged with no product for a week and considered this to be fraud. Let them know I would be filing a BBB complaint and talking to my states attorneys office. I got the refund email this morning! I will get a refund in 7-10 days to the card I paid with.
Now to wait for 7 days and see what happens.

Sounds like a nightmare

anon(4743061)

Sep 10, 2010
Visit site
FYI: I reached out to Affirm to see if they could do anything to help get the return going since their partner doesn't respond. They seem willing to help.Screenshot (5).jpg

jamezr

Trusted Member
Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone managed to actually get money refunded back from this outfit? I mean real money....not just a email saying a refund will be coming.

msp1518

Sep 30, 2014
Visit site
I have been credited the 699 because my bank charged them back. Essential has never ever responded to my many emails asking for cancellation and then (after they shipped it) a way to send it back for a refund. Essentially, they have no customer service.

anon(4743061)

Sep 10, 2010
Visit site
I sent another email to them today and it actually went through this time. Almost immediately I got an automated message saying they received my email and someone was reviewing it. I never got the automated message till now. about an hour later I got an initial response from an actual human.

It seem to me that their entire support system has been shut off up to this point. I'm going to try and call them and see if it still goes straight to voicemail. EDIT: still goes right to VM

aitt

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
FYI: I reached out to Affirm to see if they could do anything to help get the return going since their partner doesn't respond. They seem willing to help.View attachment 266978

I told affirm I won't be paying them because i have asked numerous times to cancel my order and then trying to get a refund. When i explained to them I won't be paying them they opened a case

aitt

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
I sent numerous refund and cancellation emails and got nothing but the run around or no response. I told Affirm I will not be paying them. No response on FB and I don't use Twitter. They sure as hell replied to someone on FB about to review their received phone while completely ignoring everyone complaints. Affirm opened a case so we'll see what happens.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20170903-100932-picsay.jpg
    Screenshot_20170903-100932-picsay.jpg
    128.9 KB · Views: 42