What problems are you experiencing with the Essential Phone

ChuckG73

Feb 10, 2010
Visit site
I am starting to get frustrated with the phone. It feels half baked. Wifi disables the cellular antennae.

Locks up a lot. Have to reboot.

Locked up and would not reboot.

Finger print sensor stopped working had to reboot.

Camera sticks and camera app freezes up.

Switching between mono and auto takes time and locks up the phone.

Drops to 3g more than any other phone I have had.

WiFi disables the cellular antennae and I have to restart the phone to get it to activate when I am out of WiFi range.

ChuckG73

Feb 10, 2010
Visit site
can't make or receive calls when it is on WiFi because it disables the cellular antennae. it told me I had to turn on WiFi calling which does not exist

modifier

Jul 13, 2017
Visit site
WiFi Calling is located in the phone dialer app under Settings > Calls > WiFi Calling.

Mine works on or off. I don't have to turn WiFi off to make a call over cellular.

I haven't had a single lockup, lag, pause or hiccup so far, which is surprising given that I'm using BlackBerry Hub+ Services and my phone is managed under MDM. It's still early though.

screenshot_20170901-184813.jpg

Last edited:

cdd543

Apr 12, 2011
Visit site
Device freezes sometimes as does the camera app. Screen presses seem to not register sometimes. I haven't had any real nework issues on T-Mobile.

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Same no network issues on T-Mobile but damn otherwise software is not polished at all, freezing is regular which is such a irritation.

digitalbreak

Trusted Member
Jun 13, 2013
Visit site
I am with T-Mobile and have no network issues.

Also, don't have random locks or screen freeze or touch issues. It's been smooth so far. Been a day now and so far software is running good.

The camera app is not good though - why is the camera app so slow!

1901Madison

Jun 21, 2013
Visit site
I don't have this phone, but was highly interested in it. Seeing everyone having so many issue with it, I might cross it off the list. Too many compromises when I could just get a Pixel 2.

hal3146

May 16, 2010
Visit site
I am having network issues on T-Mobile. I started a post over at xda about it. I can not keep constant service and it drops in and out constantly. All APN settings are correct and I loose service with the phone stationary.

njgill05

Apr 26, 2012
Visit site
Only issue I've had is the touch screen not always registering my touches.

Same here, it reminds me of the first One Plus phone, where the screen was a bit terrible until a few software updates came out. Wonder if it's related, though it's not nearly as upsetting on this phone.

cstmstyle

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
I can't turn on HD calling on the Verizon Wireless website. I know the phone isn't certified yet but was hoping it would still be able to get it added to my account.

Screenshot_20170902-115755.jpg

anon(9918034)

May 19, 2016
Visit site
I don't have this phone, but was highly interested in it. Seeing everyone having so many issue with it, I might cross it off the list. Too many compromises when I could just get a Pixel 2.

Go to any forum for any new phone and you will see problems. That will include the pixel 2 as well, the best judge of a phone is to use the actual phone.

Michael Drexler

Sep 2, 2017
Visit site
I was unable to get the phone fully activated on AT&T. Advanced mobile support says that they cannot properly provision the phone for LTE. Essential is not yet in their system.

cdd543

Apr 12, 2011
Visit site
It's a real shame that the phone is so buggy. It's beautiful, but I've already swapped my sim back to my OnePlus 5 as it's mediocre camera produces much better results and the OS is way more stable.

Bogdanesti

Aug 15, 2011
Visit site
I was unable to get the phone fully activated on AT&T. Advanced mobile support says that they cannot properly provision the phone for LTE. Essential is not yet in their system.

Had the same problem with AT&T...couldn't connect to cell data..and initially got the same response from them about not being in their system. I was activating a new line with it and after 24 hrs of frustration I realized the sim card was defective. I popped my wife's sim card in from her S8 and it worked fine, put my sim card in the S8 and it had the same issue. New sim card in and activated and it has worked perfectly so far afterwards.

tsquare2112

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
I had an error with Nova launcher, it had to restart the app. other than that, I am very pleased. I don't take many pictures, so the camera is not really a problem for me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz