10-15-2017 09:26 PM
64 123
tools
    That didn't happen for me. The notification I got (Images attached) say USB Supplying power to attached device - tap for more options.
    When I tap it says 'Use USB to Supply Power Supply power to the other connected device'... with this option selected. I tried to deselect to no success and hit cancel too. The window disappears, but the first notification is still in the notification bar. If I click on it, same thing - rinse and repeat.
    The headphone adapter has a chipset in it and needs a small amount of power to operate. You'll see that notification every time you have it plugged into your phone. Nothing to worry about. It doesn't draw that much.

Yours might have been new enough to have the latest firmware, hence why you didn't get an update notification.
    10-13-2017 09:55 AM
    Probably so, but I still have the bad mic issues with a wired headset. My only gripe now..
    You might try emailing Essential support to ask if there's a way to check the firmware level and force an update if needed. I used mine with a wired headset for voice calls and it sounded fine on both ends.
    10-13-2017 10:55 AM
    After agonizing over what phone to upgrade to I finally pulled the trigger on the Essential, I was really hoping the Pixel 2s would be available from Sprint, but that wasn't to be. I love the look and feel of the PH1, and after reading everything I could find about the camera fixes I decided to give it a shot. Worse case scenario, I return it and get the V30 I suppose.
    Man am I glad I opted for the PH-1, I went to a Sprint store to get handsy with the V30+ tonight and I must say I was underwhelmed. Build quality and stock Android FTW.
    I am less and less concerned with the camera as I play with it, it does well in normal conditions and I feel like it's ever improving on the low-light issues.
    The Essential is a keeper for me!
    10-13-2017 11:18 PM
    Look what I got in my hand
    Really digging the white color, looks super and also hides fingerprints.

10-14-2017 03:30 PM
    Really digging the white color, looks super and also hides fingerprints.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...d59118c1c.heic
    That white is sexy!
    bhatech likes this.
    10-14-2017 05:20 PM
    Nice! How do the front and sides look? Is the titanium matte or polished?
    10-14-2017 09:19 PM
    Nice! How do the front and sides look? Is the titanium matte or polished?
    Side feels more matte like but still feels smooth. Here is front and side

libra89 and modifier like this.
    10-14-2017 10:05 PM
    Side feels more matte like but still feels smooth. Here is front and side
    Looks really good. I'm not big on white phones but will give that some serious thought.
    10-15-2017 11:24 AM
    Looks really good. I'm not big on white phones but will give that some serious thought.
    Personally, I have got bored with black slabs since had too many black phones over the past year. This year all my phones will be non black if available, had to settle with black on Pixel 2 XL because the color was so backordered

I like to switch colors every now and then based on availability.
    libra89 likes this.
    10-15-2017 11:27 AM
    Personally, I have got bored with black slabs since had too many black phones over the past year. This year all my phones will be non black if available, had to settle with black on Pixel 2 XL because the color was so backordered

I like to switch colors every now and then based on availability.
    I'm thinking of paying off my current essential (got the pre-order deal through sprint) I would pay full price. Selling this black when the ocean depths comes out. That one is beautiful.
    10-15-2017 11:34 AM
    Personally, I have got bored with black slabs since had too many black phones over the past year.
    Makes sense. I've almost always had black phones whenever possible but am digging the PH-1 in white just for something different.

Was yours fulfilled from the original pre-order?
    10-15-2017 11:34 AM
    I'm thinking of paying off my current essential (got the pre-order deal through sprint) I would pay full price. Selling this black when the ocean depths comes out. That one is beautiful.
    Yeah that was my first choice when they announced the phone, you never know I may also get tempted to buy that when it's released and sell the current one
    10-15-2017 11:35 AM
    Makes sense. I've almost always had black phones whenever possible but am digging the PH-1 in white just for something different.

Was yours fulfilled from the original pre-order?
    No I ordered from Amazon Friday night and got delivered Saturday morning

I think those who ordered from essential have also had theirs ship. I had my original reservation from essential as well but didn't order from them.
    10-15-2017 11:48 AM
    My white, ordered from essential, is scheduled for delivery on Tuesday. It has left Memphis so hoping it might make it to Atlanta a day early. I’ve had black phones for awhile so looking for a change of pace.
    modifier likes this.
    10-15-2017 09:26 PM
64 123