So Stock Sucks! My personal opinion. And it's sad that Essential finds away to stutter stock Android at that.

Are you using a Launcher?

I'm using Blackberry Launcher with Shimu Lite Icon.

Made the stutter stop and run extremely smoother.
    09-12-2017 10:39 AM
    I'm using Nova with Immaterial Icon pack and the whitelist mod for fullscreen. Very smooth and no issues at all.
    09-12-2017 10:53 AM
    BlackBerry Launcher with BlackBerry Keyboard sideloaded. Zero stutter, lags, pauses or hiccups. Scrolling fast or slow is butter smooth. It works even better now that everything is whitelisted. Hub+ for email and a handful of other BB apps to replace stock.

Any Google apps that I've replaced have been disabled if allowed.
    aitt likes this.
    09-12-2017 11:03 AM
    I'm using Nova with Immaterial Icon pack and the whitelist mod for fullscreen. Very smooth and no issues at all.
    Sorry what's the whitelist mod?
    09-12-2017 04:11 PM
    Sorry what's the whitelist mod?
    See @aitt's thread here linking back to XDA: https://forums.androidcentral.com/es...reen-apps.html
    09-12-2017 04:28 PM
    I am happy with the default launcher so far
    atlbuc likes this.
    09-12-2017 09:09 PM
    Same default launcher here, only thing I miss from Nova is locking the desktop and pull down gesture to bring up app search.
    09-13-2017 12:03 AM
    Same default launcher here, only thing I miss from Nova is locking the desktop and pull down gesture to bring up app search.
    For app search, just long press the ^ icon just above the dock which will directly take to app search.
    09-13-2017 12:21 AM
    For app search, just long press the ^ icon just above the dock which will directly take to app search.
    Yeah I'm aware of that like on Pixel launcher, but prefer gestures and usually set up pull down for app search which is much easier just like on iOS brings up spotlight search
    09-13-2017 01:05 AM
    Yeah I'm aware of that like on Pixel launcher, but prefer gestures and usually set up pull down for app search which is much easier just like on iOS brings up spotlight search
    I hear you

One suggestion if you haven't tried it already: If you haven't yet, try Evie launcher - a simple yet powerful launcher that will give you says to launch search and apps quickly! I love the simplicity of the launcher as I have the "essential settings to deal with
    09-13-2017 07:42 AM
    Now that Nova supports full screen mode, I am using Nova launcher!!!
    09-17-2017 01:29 PM
    I'm using Launcher ++ it's a great launcher. I love the side bars and the fixed clock widget on top.
    09-17-2017 01:37 PM
    pixel launcher here, and tried the blackberry launcher
    09-23-2017 08:00 AM
    Arrow Launcher.

FWIW, the stock launcher works fine - no stuttering here.

I really like the Arrow launcher's setup with the frequently used apps page and the alphabetized app list with the index a-z down the side. It is simple and integrates well with the Office 365 setup at home and work.

I hope it gets whitelisted for full screen soon. I would rather not mod the phone if I don't have to. It likely works, but in the past when I have done modding, I'll get the initial mod done and then forget all the steps I took to get it there. So I'll wait for the developers and Essential to get things straight.
    09-23-2017 10:35 AM
    I'm using Launcher ++ it's a great launcher. I love the side bars and the fixed clock widget on top.
    Just downloaded this one. I like it! Just have to see if paying for pro would be worth it. I'm fine with it as is though.
    09-25-2017 01:55 AM