I got a voicemail checked it deleted it and now the notification won't go away. I have force stopped the phone app still there. I have cleared the apps cache and data still there. I even disabled the app restarted the phone and it's still there. How do you have a notification for app that isn't enabled. Anyone else know how to rid this at this point I also going to have to do a factory data reset just to clear a ******* notification.

Update: I turned on show system apps went into phone services and cleared the data and Bam it's gone. What a pain in the ***.
    09-16-2017 01:33 PM
    If it comes back as it sometimes does. Just leave yourself 2 or 3 voicemails then delete them. That always clears it for good
    09-16-2017 02:04 PM
    I got a voicemail checked it deleted it and now the notification won't go away. I have force stopped the phone app still there. I have cleared the apps cache and data still there. I even disabled the app restarted the phone and it's still there. How do you have a notification for app that isn't enabled. Anyone else know how to rid this at this point I also going to have to do a factory data reset just to clear a ******* notification.

Update: I turned on show system apps went into phone services and cleared the data and Bam it's gone. What a pain in the ***.
    Try this

https://forums.androidcentral.com/t-...t-go-away.html

This had nothing to do with phone and with systems
    09-16-2017 02:50 PM
    Try this

https://forums.androidcentral.com/t-...t-go-away.html

This had nothing to do with phone and with systems
    I had the same problem, I called vm selected settings and features from the main menu. This gave me an option to change my alert settings. I switched the alerts off! then hung up.

The notification was still there so I then called back vm and switched the message notifications back on, this cleared the notification. I am using a Sony Android XA1

I work in IT the switch off and back on method is often frowned upon, however seems to work 50% of the time.

So glad it's gone as it drives me crazy when I can't clear a notification.

Hope this HELPS!
    anon(9638631) likes this.
    05-17-2018 03:33 AM
    THANK YOU. That s*** got old. Fast.
    11-28-2018 05:37 PM