Question About Selling

ChuckG73

Feb 10, 2010
Visit site
So I purchased the two year warranty from Essential, if I sell the phone doesn't transfer with the sale? I am on the fence and have the phone and the 360 camera and am starting to really look at the Pixel 2.

modifier

Jul 13, 2017
Visit site
Asurion's FAQ says it's transferable but you'll want to check your paperwork to confirm. https://www.asurion.com/faqs/warranty/

If I were in your shoes, I'd email Essential and ask for a return. You aren't that far outside the return period, plus they've been giving some people an extra week to reconsider. I'd be surprised if they say no.

Wondered why you've been so quiet in here. Wasn't expecting you to sell so soon. Just keep in mind that you'll have to go back to your old phone again and the Pixel 2 might be backordered for a while.

aitt

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
Wondered why you've been so quiet in here. Wasn't expecting you to sell so soon. Just keep in mind that you'll have to go back to your old phone again and the Pixel 2 might be backordered for a while.

A while as in 4-5 months. Lol. I'm pretty content with this phone. I been fortunate enough to have minor issues that seem to correct itself after a reset. I been in constant contact with a great guy at essential that has really right some wrongs. His professionalism may make me keep the phone. Return is in stand by currently.

As much as I want the Note 8 I'll wait for the full screen note 9

ChuckG73

Feb 10, 2010
Visit site
I did a factory reset last night and so far so good. I am keeping it for now but leaning on getting rid of if I keep having issues daily. Will keep you posted.

kodos78

Sep 19, 2017
Visit site
My rule of thumb is to return to the manufacturer if I am uneasy or hesitant about my purchase.

You can always re-purchase the item if it looks like things get better. However, you will be out of a considerable sum of money if you have to resell the device.

Especially if it is a difficult sell like an Essential Phone, which outside of these forums and fan sites is not really a name like "iPhone", "Galaxy", or maybe even "Pixel".

modifier

Jul 13, 2017
Visit site
Keep an eye on the Nexus and Pixel forums here on AC and note the number of issues people are having. Unfortunately buying a Google device doesn't insulate anyone from app crashes, hangs, random reboots, etc. Many say the Essential Phone is a giant beta test and that we're part of some experiment. Well, Google is doing exactly that with Oreo on Nexus and Pixel devices to iron out the bugs before the mainstream gets it.

That's in no way intended to be a knock on Google devices, instead that the grass might not be greener on the other side.

Last edited:

modifier

Jul 13, 2017
Visit site
Also, are you on the September update? It sounds almost universal that this fixed most people's random issues, reviewers included.

modifier

Jul 13, 2017
Visit site
Check your top speaker grille mesh. I just read about it this morning. Turns out mine is one of the defective units. I'm returning mine for credit back on my CC, then will re-order a new one after the money is back in my account. I didn't want to risk them sending me a used/returned unit from Asurion, especially at $700.

There's a discussion about it over on Reddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/essential/comments/70vuof/speaker_grill_and_warranty/

Look for the hole in the mesh in this photo: https://imgur.com/a/AwhRV

If yours is defective then scratch what I said above and go for a return or replacement. Trying to sell a defective unit later will certainly be a problem.

And here I thought I had escaped all of the issues with this phone. LOL :D

firebirder

Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
My rule of thumb is to return to the manufacturer if I am uneasy or hesitant about my purchase.

You can always re-purchase the item if it looks like things get better. However, you will be out of a considerable sum of money if you have to resell the device.

Especially if it is a difficult sell like an Essential Phone, which outside of these forums and fan sites is not really a name like "iPhone", "Galaxy", or maybe even "Pixel".

Normally I'd agree, but with supply of this phone still so short and it being such a recent release, I think the OP could no a little longer to decide. If your still within you full refund return window and are done with the phone, return it is the best choice. If you're still unsure or are outside the window, a quick check on Swappa showed the phone's still for $640+. I realize that is a little bit of a loss, but not much and if it gives you added time to make a decision without a huge hit to the wallet. Some have even made a profit, though those included the camera.

anon(9918034)

May 19, 2016
Visit site
Check your top speaker grille mesh. I just read about it this morning. Turns out mine is one of the defective units. I'm returning mine for credit back on my CC, then will re-order a new one after the money is back in my account. I didn't want to risk them sending me a used/returned unit from Asurion, especially at $700.

There's a discussion about it over on Reddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/essential/comments/70vuof/speaker_grill_and_warranty/

Look for the hole in the mesh in this photo: https://imgur.com/a/AwhRV

If yours is defective then scratch what I said above and go for a return or replacement. Trying to sell a defective unit later will certainly be a problem.

And here I thought I had escaped all of the issues with this phone. LOL :D

This might be the exact reason why essential had the sprint stores pull the displays and push back the release to the 14th. A store manager I talked to said he had to take down the displays twice and that came from essential. The one I got from sprint has no hole in the grill.

modifier

Jul 13, 2017
Visit site
This might be the exact reason why essential had the sprint stores pull the displays and push back the release to the 14th. A store manager I talked to said he had to take down the displays twice and that came from essential. The one I got from sprint has no hole in the grill.
lol... yeah, that's what I speculated yesterday afternoon: https://forums.androidcentral.com/showthread.php?t=834027&p=5983181&viewfull=1#post5983181

Glad to know the Sprint units are assembled correctly. That's reassuring.

After seeing Pixel 2 XL pricing for the 128GB model, I'm comfortable sticking with Essential. Looks like $699 just became the new mid-range price. There's nothing in a Google phone that I personally need, especially for $300 more after tax. Once my return is processed I'll be buying another. Mainly I want to guarantee I get a new phone and not someone's return.

anon(9918034)

May 19, 2016
Visit site
lol... yeah, that's what I speculated yesterday afternoon: https://forums.androidcentral.com/showthread.php?t=834027&p=5983181&viewfull=1#post5983181

Glad to know the Sprint units are assembled correctly. That's reassuring.

After seeing Pixel 2 XL pricing for the 128GB model, I'm comfortable sticking with Essential. Looks like $699 just became the new mid-range price. There's nothing in a Google phone that I personally need, especially for $300 more after tax. Once my return is processed I'll be buying another. Mainly I want to guarantee I get a new phone and not someone's return.

Exactly if you want all those things your are lead to believe you need. You have to shell out almost a grand. To get water resistance, is that worth a grand. Is a head phone jack worth a grand.

Speaking of head phone jack. My head phones sound better through the usb-c dongle than they ever did through a head phone jack. Mainly due in part to they fact that they can be tweaked with a software update. I think most dongles comes with a built in dac, at least the u11 dongle did.

modifier

Jul 13, 2017
Visit site
Exactly if you want all those things your are lead to believe you need. You have to shell out almost a grand. To get water resistance, is that worth a grand. Is a head phone jack worth a grand.
For $300 less we get rain resistance instead. I'm good with that. :D

swagglepuff said:
Speaking of head phone jack. My head phones sound better through the usb-c dongle than they ever did through a head phone jack. Mainly due in part to they fact that they can be tweaked with a software update. I think most dongles comes with a built in dac, at least the u11 dongle did.
Agreed. That appears to be the case with our headphone adapters. About a week ago mine received a service update after plugging it in, telling me it has some sort of active chipset inside. I also tried one from Motorola and it didn't work. There's more to our adapters than a simple conversion.

anon(9918034)

May 19, 2016
Visit site
no one wants this phone so resell is going to be hard

Except the whole they keep running out of stock and can't make enough phones. Clearly no one wants this device hahaha. There are other threads you can go troll, there are a lot of people who want this phone. There are a lot of people who have this phone and really like it.

ChuckG73

Feb 10, 2010
Visit site
so I do have a home in the mesh above and to the right of the camera on top of the phone. is the mesh supposed to be one solid piece all the way across?

ChuckG73

Feb 10, 2010
Visit site
ok I emailed them and gave them all of my info and IMEI and order numbers and asked to return everything for a refund

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc