$499 now on Essential.com

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
I heard it has got a lot of updates to make the camera better. Is it really good now? I like the design and wanted to try this phone. I just don't want a bad camera.
It's an above average camera and they are constantly trying to improve it, don't buy it if you want the best camera. It's not at this point.

fernandez21

Apr 10, 2011
Visit site
I heard it has got a lot of updates to make the camera better. Is it really good now? I like the design and wanted to try this phone. I just don't want a bad camera.
The camera is good in regular lighting, but is still pretty bad in low light. So I guess it depends on how you use the camera, but if you don't take to many pictures in low light, you should be fine.

mge1201

Apr 4, 2014
Visit site
They would but you might as well go for the $299 F&F pricing through Essential. You purchased before 22 Oct and qualify for $499 minus $200 F&F coupon. It might take a few weeks for the coupon and new order to happen but you're also saving over 50% in the process.

Thanks for the suggestion. Will check it out.

modifier

Jul 13, 2017
Visit site
That would suck. I would doubt it
I doubt it, too. Just making light of the situation. From what their CS told me a few weeks ago not many units were affected and most have been dropped into the warranty pool. But, I'll still be looking at this gift horse in the mouth... err grille... just in case. :p

modifier

Jul 13, 2017
Visit site
So if you are like me and are still in return period, I would register wait for the code to arrive and then return/purchase the phone.
BTW, I just noticed in the fine print that returned devices don't count for the $200.

*Limited time offer. Void where prohibited. US customers who purchased, activated and have not returned Essential Phone from essential.com, Sprint, Best Buy, or amazon.com on or before October 22, 2017 and have submitted their details through this form by November 15th are eligible to receive a friends & family code for up to $200 off on Essential.com

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
BTW, I just noticed in the fine print that returned devices don't count for the $200.
Yes if you already returned the device you won't. But if you bought recently and still in the return period it'll work out and then return the device after getting the promo. Especially Amazon has 30 day return period so there is a narrow window for this to work.

modifier

Jul 13, 2017
Visit site
Yes if you already returned the device you won't. But if you bought recently and still in the return period it'll work out and then return the device after getting the promo. Especially Amazon has 30 day return period so there is a narrow window for this to work.
I applied using my original SN/IMEI. I'll apply again with the one I just ordered last week and see how everything plays out.

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
I applied using my original SN/IMEI. I'll apply again with the one I just ordered last week and see how everything plays out.
Yeah my Amazon return expires on Nov 14th so have time to receive the code and order, then if everything works out return. If not I'll still return and buy for $499. Worth a try for $299.

fernandez21

Apr 10, 2011
Visit site
If you get the code while still in your return period, you could try ordering it first at $299 and then returning your current phone.

digitalbreak

Trusted Member
Jun 13, 2013
Visit site
I want to know when that code expires. For folks like me who jumped on early, I am not going to buy another Essential phone or the camera but want to use the coupon towards their next phone. I got the camera for $50 with the initial offer as well.

modifier

Jul 13, 2017
Visit site
I want to know when that code expires. For folks like me who jumped on early, I am not going to buy another Essential phone or the camera but want to use the coupon towards their next phone. I got the camera for $50 with the initial offer as well.
The code is valid through 15 Dec 2017. It's in the fine print at the bottom of this page: https://www.essential.com/pages/friends-and-family-offer

If you get a code, don't plan to use it and are feeling generous, I can definitely use it. I have a feeling my code request will get denied since my first phone was returned.

Last edited:

echau

Aug 21, 2017
Visit site
If you purchased with a credit card that has price protection, you are well within your 90 day window to recoup the $200 price difference.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zif835