i think the essential is compelling @ 500$
    but...
    this can go 2 ways (or more if you have suggestions):
    1. the company will go down hill abandoning support for the phone altogether. leaving the people who purchased the phone with no updates. someone has certainly panicked over there to slash 200$ off.
    2. the company good get a fresh start and build from there
    which one is your bet?
    10-23-2017 02:48 AM
    I'll vote #2 . They weren't able to meet expectations on the camera and adjusted the price accordingly. It puts them in a better position for a new phone next year with improved specs.

They don't appear to be going downhill. The Essential Home is showing more progress. https://www.essential.com/home
    10-23-2017 04:21 AM
    Actually it's probably Economies of Scale. Which is reducing price to increase sales to level out eventually.
    10-23-2017 08:16 AM
    I think they are on the right track with the progress they have made so far and their commitment to improve the software experience by pushing out updates and listening to customer feedback. With the $300 million funding from Amazon and others, they should be able to make further progress and potentially come up with the PH-2 next year that would live up to the expectations. It is easy to make mistakes as a startup and it is very difficult to learn from those mistakes...but so far it seems Essential is learning from its mistakes and continuing to improve.
    modifier likes this.
    10-23-2017 11:38 AM