White or Black Essential Phone

Scienceguy Labs

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2015
Visit site
You had to buy a phone before 22 Oct and not return it, then fill out a form on their website with your SN/IMEI info to get a code. Or, you have to get one from someone who has an extra that they're willing to give up. All code request threads have been locked so I wouldn't recommend asking here. ;)

The coupon was for $200 off the $499 price purchased direct from Essential.
Thank you for clearing that up for me.

SactoKingsFan

Nov 1, 2013
Visit site
Originally went with the black version but hated how it always looked like a smudgy mess. Sold it and ended up getting the pure white.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
If I had to choose, it would be the white phone. Love white phones! However, I guess that'd make the notch look extra visible. Oh well! ☺️

SactoKingsFan

Nov 1, 2013
Visit site
If I had to choose, it would be the white phone. Love white phones! However, I guess that'd make the notch look extra visible. Oh well!
The camera notch and bezels look the same on both the black and white version. I wouldn't have switched to the pure white if the front had a white notch and border around screen.

msp1518

Sep 30, 2014
Visit site
I was an early adopter. Was very disappointed and returned the phone. Bought the white on on Cyber Monday figuring I'd give it another shot after all of the software updates. Phone is certainly improved and no one here in Kunming, China has a white phone so it's kind of cool to have this model.

msp1518

Sep 30, 2014
Visit site
If there is a GEN II with actual improvements (especially to the camera) I will got for it in Ocean Depths and ONLY Ocean Depths.

Apr 6, 2018
Visit site
For those who are just now reading this thread and get to here, I have MY reason.

I went for the white for two reasons. Some reviewers complained about the black showing smudges and fingerprints and always needing cleaning because "it bothered them".

But mostly I went with white for this reason: Sometimes I go to clubs, dimly lit with black tabletops... you know what I am talking about (heh, heh). I could lay the phone down on its face with white side up and I would see it and not forget it. Vice Versa: If there were white tables, I could lay it on its back and I would see the black screen if it was off. I lowered the chances of walking off from a restaurant or club without noticing my camera was on the table.

tech_head

Q&A Team
Aug 25, 2010
Visit site
For those who are just now reading this thread and get to here, I have MY reason.

I went for the white for two reasons. Some reviewers complained about the black showing smudges and fingerprints and always needing cleaning because "it bothered them".

But mostly I went with white for this reason: Sometimes I go to clubs, dimly lit with black tabletops... you know what I am talking about (heh, heh). I could lay the phone down on its face with white side up and I would see it and not forget it. Vice Versa: If there were white tables, I could lay it on its back and I would see the black screen if it was off. I lowered the chances of walking off from a restaurant or club without noticing my camera was on the table.

A man with a plan..

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae