Anyone one willing to share a code.

Status
Not open for further replies.

modifier

Jul 13, 2017
Visit site
Just a general observation... XDA has a code request thread that's now 10 pages long. Codes are selling for $100. It's entertaining how so many hated on this phone but now want one for $300-400. :D

raqball

Trusted Member
Oct 31, 2014
Visit site
Just a general observation... XDA has a code request thread that's now 10 pages long. Codes are selling for $100. It's entertaining how so many hated on this phone but now want one for $300-400. :D

I would NOT pay $100 for a code. Why is it funny or entertaining that people didn't see the value at release day price but do if they can get one for $299??

Makes perfect sense to me. I'd buy at $399 but not a penny more all things considered.

Joe the Insider

Trusted Member
Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
LOL... that's exactly what I find entertaining. Who wouldn't take a current model SD835/128GB device at $299? ;)
I originally bought it at $699 and it was stolen from me a week later. I do not have the serial number, therefore I can't submit for a code. I can't afford another $500, but $299 i can.

modifier

Jul 13, 2017
Visit site
I originally bought it at $699 and it was stolen from me a week later. I do not have the serial number, therefore I can't submit for a code. I can't afford another $500, but $299 i can.
I understand. Like I said, it was just a general observation after seeing a ten-page code request thread on XDA. I wasn't expecting everyone to take my comment so seriously. ;)

kuffcakes

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Would love a code as well to buy my wife a new phone. She cracked the screen on her Moto X Pure and now the back button doesn't work. I looked into replacing the screen and battery and would rather use the money towards a new phone. I am also curious if there will be a deal for Black Friday and then maybe I can get one too 😀

raqball

Trusted Member
Oct 31, 2014
Visit site
People selling codes is really sad and speaks to morals and values.

I had a few codes a while back for $150 off a Moto device and I gave them away, for free..

If someone chose to act in a kind, moral and generous manner and offer me a code out of generosity and not greed then I'd probably return the favor by offering up enough to take their family out for dinner.

It's not about the $100 for a code, it's about me not wanting to support a greedy person.

My .02

modifier

Jul 13, 2017
Visit site
@raqball No one here is selling codes or suggesting that you buy a code. I don't agree with them being sold, either, hence why I brought up the XDA thread. That is what I found entertaining.

If I get any extra codes then I'll share with those who have requested them from me. But, as of right now I only have one code left and I'm saving it to hopefully buy one in Stellar Grey if released by the 15 Dec deadline.

raqball

Trusted Member
Oct 31, 2014
Visit site
I didn't say anyone here was trying to sell codes. You brought the topic up and I was responding.

I see Amazon sells them and I do have a $100 Amazon gift code I might use on it. Trying to decide if I want to roll the dice on one. With a code, $299 is a no brainier but with my Amazon code, it sits at $399.

Not sure, I'll kick the idea arround some.

modifier

Jul 13, 2017
Visit site
$399 is a steal and Amazon has an excellent return policy. Sounds pretty low-risk to me. ;)

Last edited:

raqball

Trusted Member
Oct 31, 2014
Visit site
$399 is a steal and Amazon has an excellent return policy. Sounds pretty low-rise to me. ;)

It would mainly be a secondary phone to play with. I'm a big fan of the Sony Compact line and just got the new XZ1 Compact. The Sony would be the daily use and the PH1 would be to play with. Not sure but I'll kick the idea arround.

I'm intrigued by the PH1 mainly because of the phablet sized screen in a smaller than usual form factor.

selvinsosa

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
For us who paid the $699. In my case $799 (extended insurance) is hard to see the price of the phone right now at $499. If we are getting a $200 discount for our next phone and sell it for $100 , I think is fear. ( not that I'm selling one ) I see more ppl interested on the phone but they want a free code. I did get a code but it wasn't free. I already paid $699 for the first phone. Those who are asking for a free code should at least paid a coffee for those who share it with them.
Again. I'm not against to ask for a code. But be polite and you may get it. And those who are sharing a code. Thanks for the generosity. In my case .... I use it to buy the white color

selvinsosa

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
People selling codes is really sad and speaks to morals and values.

I had a few codes a while back for $150 off a Moto device and I gave them away, for free..

If someone chose to act in a kind, moral and generous manner and offer me a code out of generosity and not greed then I'd probably return the favor by offering up enough to take their family out for dinner.

It's not about the $100 for a code, it's about me not wanting to support a greedy person.

My .02

Is not about morals and values, is about getting your money back. Morals and values are for those who are asking for a free code. The phone is now $499, with the code is $299. What about those who paid $699? Getting a $200 discount for our next purchase is getting our moral back. I loose it when I paid $699.
I'm not against to those who share the code.
I'm against to sell the code. If you get a code. Just use it for your self. If you are happy with your $699 phone. Then just share the code or sell it. Selling the code will not make you loose your values or moral. It will get some of your money back

raqball

Trusted Member
Oct 31, 2014
Visit site
Is not about morals and values, is about getting your money back. Morals and values are for those who are asking for a free code. The phone is now $499, with the code is $299. What about those who paid $699? Getting a $200 discount for our next purchase is getting our moral back. I loose it when I paid $699.
I'm not against to those who share the code.
I'm against to sell the code. If you get a code. Just use it for your self. If you are happy with your $699 phone. Then just share the code or sell it. Selling the code will not make you loose your values or moral. It will get some of your money back

Like I said. If someone acts out of generosity and not greed then I'd repay the generosity in kind. In all honesty, I'd probably give them $100 as a thank you BUT they'd have to offer the code without strings attached. I'd personally refuse to buy one even at $50 just over the greed principal.

We are all raised differently so some will have no qualms about selling a code. To each their own..

Joe the Insider

Trusted Member
Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
I don't expect anyone to GIVE me a code and if they do, It will not go unnoticed. I'd be willing to offer some money if they want it. I started this thread for anyone who doesn't plan on using it and wants to help others.

I purchased an essential on day one and I was robbed and not only am I out $699, but in also without a Essential phone.

I ended up buying a XL2 in the mean time, but if I can get a code, I'd rather return and save myself the money that I lost initially.

Like I said, I'd love a code one way or another. Anything will help.

raqball

Trusted Member
Oct 31, 2014
Visit site
I don't expect anyone to GIVE me a code and if they do, It will not go unnoticed. I'd be willing to offer some money if they want it. I started this thread for anyone who doesn't plan on using it and wants to help others.

I purchased an essential on day one and I was robbed and not only am I out $699, but in also without a Essential phone.

I ended up buying a XL2 in the mean time, but if I can get a code, I'd rather return and save myself the money that I lost initially.

Like I said, I'd love a code one way or another. Anything will help.

For me the phone would just be an extra toy that I don't really need. If anyone contacts me offering a code, I'll send them your way 1st.

kuffcakes

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
For us who paid the $699. In my case $799 (extended insurance) is hard to see the price of the phone right now at $499. If we are getting a $200 discount for our next phone and sell it for $100 , I think is fear. ( not that I'm selling one ) I see more ppl interested on the phone but they want a free code. I did get a code but it wasn't free. I already paid $699 for the first phone. Those who are asking for a free code should at least paid a coffee for those who share it with them.
Again. I'm not against to ask for a code. But be polite and you may get it. And those who are sharing a code. Thanks for the generosity. In my case .... I use it to buy the white color

I would gladly offer some sort of gift card for say a dinner somewhere for the kindness.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance