All,

When I long press the camera button to take multiple burst shots, the camera app shows that the pictures were taken, I even get the thumbnail of the last picture in the camera app at the bottom. When I click on the thumbnail, it shows a message "No items". Google Photos app doesn't show any of these pictures either, which means the camera app fails to store these pictures.

When retrying the above test again, the camera app crashes.

I received the updated camera app today (version 0.1.082) and it behaves the same way, however it doesn't crash on the subsequent test.

Has anyone seen this behavior?
    11-09-2017 02:49 PM
    Are you sure they failed to store? You might need a proper file viewer to confirm. I must have accidentally hit the burst on a couple shots as I discovered about 40 extra images in my camera folder.

Try Simple File Manager and Simple Gallery. They're free but don't datamine users like most others.
    - https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ls.filemanager
    - https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...etools.gallery
    11-09-2017 02:55 PM
    Alright, so using a file browser I can see the burst pictures in the DCIM\Camera folder, however, they do not show up in the Essential camera app or in Google Photos.
    11-09-2017 03:01 PM
    <snip>
    Try Simple File Manager and Simple Gallery. They're free but don't datamine users like most others.
    - https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ls.filemanager
    - https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...etools.gallery
    Thanks for the recommendations on those two items, I've been meaning to find for my PH-1 replacements for the two "My Files" and "Gallery" that are on my GS4.
    11-10-2017 07:28 AM
    I just tried the burst mode, and it took about 5 shots then crashed. Opened it again, took another burst which it did not store, at least as far as I could find, using the Simple Gallery app I just installed. Let's hope their next update to the app makes it a bit more stable; of course it's possible the speed is a tradeoff of occasional instability.
    11-10-2017 07:44 AM
    I just tried the burst mode, and it took about 5 shots then crashed. Opened it again, took another burst which it did not store, at least as far as I could find, using the Simple Gallery app I just installed. Let's hope their next update to the app makes it a bit more stable; of course it's possible the speed is a tradeoff of occasional instability.
    Did you update your camera app to the new version? There was a new one that was released yesterday and it doesn't crash for me. The older version used to crash when using burst mode.

I sent Essential an email about these issue, waiting to hear back.
    11-10-2017 08:16 AM
    I was able to fix the issue by following these steps:

1. Cleared the data and cache for Google Photos.
    2. Cleared the data and cache for Essential Camera app.

This didn't resolve the issue, so sideloaded the Google Camera APK. It worked as expected, with photos showing up in Google photos correctly.

So followed these steps:
    1. Copied one of the camera photos from the DCIM\Camera folder to Internal Storage\Pictures.
    2. Cleared the cache for Google photos and Essential Camera.

Everything works now. Burst shot doesn't crash the Essential Camera app and the photos show up in Google photos app and get backed up to the cloud.
    11-11-2017 05:42 PM