Android 8 - Developer Beta!

1901Madison

Jun 21, 2013
Visit site
Do we still think we are getting the public rollout of Oreo in 2017? I haven't heard of the Beta 2 releasing yet, and we are only 13 days from the new year.

Randy Ohio

Feb 14, 2017
Visit site
I side loaded it tonight. I had held off until this release. The first thing I found was a setting to display the battery % ! Not having that drove me crazy. I'm still looking around in settings. There seems to be additional app level battery settings to allow it not running in the background. Also night mode. Neat stuff!

Randy Ohio

Feb 14, 2017
Visit site
Thanks for that tip. I only wish I knew that a month ago! it does work in the Oreo Beta 2 build. I guess I never knew about this because I came from an LG phone which has much if this built into their customizations.

Last edited:

modifier

Jul 13, 2017
Visit site
The feature is now arguably better in Oreo since the percentage is beside the battery icon rather than inside. It was difficult to read in M and N.

Freakster1

Feb 3, 2017
Visit site
Can somebody post a step by step to do this? I'm in the platform tools directory after unzipping and I can't get the command prompt window to open.. It keeps flashing on the screen then vanishing..... I'm assuming you click the ADB application?

Jdane07

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
Can somebody post a step by step to do this? I'm in the platform tools directory after unzipping and I can't get the command prompt window to open.. It keeps flashing on the screen then vanishing..... I'm assuming you click the ADB application?

No, make sure nothing is highlighted, then on an empty space right click while holding down shift. Then you can select "open a command window here/powershell window". If you use powershell like I did, then you have to use ./ before the command (ex: ./ADB sideload).

Or hit alt+d, then type cmd and hit enter to open a command terminal.

Freakster1

Feb 3, 2017
Visit site
No, make sure nothing is highlighted, then on an empty space right click while holding down shift. Then you can select "open a command window here/powershell window". If you use powershell like I did, then you have to use ./ before the command (ex: ./ADB sideload).

Or hit alt+d, then type cmd and hit enter to open a command terminal.

Worked like a charm! Thank you for taking the time to reply!

Freakster1

Feb 3, 2017
Visit site
Ok well I thought it did.... Right to where I got to do the actual sideload. I type on "ADB sideload" then what? The full name of the folder that was downloaded?

Edit-Figured it out... Didn't put

.zip at the end of the file name.. Lol

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC