Rebooting causes recovery mode?

mge1201

Apr 4, 2014
Visit site
I usually reboot my PH-1 (and all Android phones I've had) every morning so I can start fresh. Noticing this happening during every reboot instance lately: Hold down power > choose Reboot > phone boots into Recovery Mode. Selecting the "Reboot" option from there puts it in a recovery mode loop.

FYI prior to reboot, I toggle off Smart Lock Trust Agents in Security as I have been having issues with Smart Lock re-enabling after reboot (the list of devices is blank). I've found that turning Trust Agents off before reboot fixes this bug. Not sure if this is related but thought I'd disclose that in case.

This morning, I rebooted and instead of recovery mode, I could not get past the Android/Essential splash screen logos and phone froze there. I held down the power button and crossed fingers that it would reboot properly (which it did). Frustrating.

tl;dr. Reboot issues anyone? What is causing recovery mode? I am running stock current firmware NMJ32F.

mzman

May 3, 2013
Visit site
I don't reboot daily, but I've rebooted at least a dozen times, and about 5 times today alone. I generally disable Smart Lock before rebooting, just as you do. I've never had an abnormal reboot. I'm on the latest release firmware.