Cases, Bumpers?

cfclay

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
I'm using my essential phone to search this forum and I see there is no post about cases?! Am I reading this correctly?

Is there anything premium available. I'm still that geek that at least on occasion will is the otterbox defender, so I'm disappointed one is not available there yet.

Armeniandave

Feb 9, 2013
Visit site
The tudia case on Amazon is about it right now. Tudia is going to release a few more soon according to Amazon so will see how those are. I really want a super thin case since the phone is pretty strong. Just something that pretend the screen is really what we need.

msp1518

Sep 30, 2014
Visit site
What gets me is that there is no bumper case available. That seems like a no-brainer. A good strong rubber bumper case with enough lip to protect the screen. Hello!

andrew_ackley

Jul 10, 2013
Visit site
What gets me is that there is no bumper case available. That seems like a no-brainer. A good strong rubber bumper case with enough lip to protect the screen. Hello!

The problem I imagine is with the earpiece design. No doubt a bumper would cover that to some degree. Tudia has a new tpu case coming out soon and there's starting to be a couple more pop up on Amazon.

bbycrts

Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
I have a new Incipio case - just arrived Saturday - ordered directly from Incipio. I really like it. Clear TPU with enough of a lip to protect the screen and manages the cutout around the speaker very well. I do see warnings that it won't fit if you use a screen protector, but I don't. I didn't want to put a case on but the phone is so slippery without that I didn't want to risk it.

andrew_ackley

Jul 10, 2013
Visit site
I have a new Incipio case - just arrived Saturday - ordered directly from Incipio. I really like it. Clear TPU with enough of a lip to protect the screen and manages the cutout around the speaker very well. I do see warnings that it won't fit if you use a screen protector, but I don't. I didn't want to put a case on but the phone is so slippery without that I didn't want to risk it.

You're lucky that one is out of stock on their site and Amazon's? I'm worried they discontinued it.

Jun 14, 2016
Visit site
I'm having a heck of a time finding a case. Incipio has a Cyber Monday sale, but they are out of stock on all the Essential cases.

I'm paranoid I'll drop it and that will be the end - Snap... Crackle... Pop!

rld082982

Oct 29, 2014
Visit site
Just get a screen protector, one of the glass ones not the flimsy ones. That should be enough... this thing is solid. The weak spot is the screen. You don't need a case.

msp1518

Sep 30, 2014
Visit site
So far none of the screen protectors are impressing me with reviews. I tried a couple when I had the phone (I had it for 12 days) and they were laughably bad. Having just ordered the phone for $399 on Amazon I am hoping that my order for the insipio case will be fulfilled at some point and that it is not discontinued. Right now it looks like the best option.

Of course my issue is how to get the phone to me here in China! It's not easy. Shipping things here is a nightmare (due to high shipping costs, delays and having to pay insanely high import taxes). Amazon did not have shipping to China for the $399 deal.

shashankmittal

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
If you like a brand of phone case and they don't make one for the PH-1, email them and let them know that you would like them to make a case for this phone. That's the only way to let them know that there is demand.

msp1518

Sep 30, 2014
Visit site
Bloody Incipio clear case out of stock. This is a real bummer. I had to order that other case people are saying works, but is unattractive. Forget the name of it. I also ordered that MATTE finish screen protector.

There is a rush situation since the phone and cases need to be sent to a friend in Seattle who will board a plane and fly to China, where i am at the moment. I was really hoping the Incipio case would be available since it is clear. Oh well. :(

morriea

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
Bloody Incipio clear case out of stock. This is a real bummer. I had to order that other case people are saying works, but is unattractive. Forget the name of it. I also ordered that MATTE finish screen protector.

There is a rush situation since the phone and cases need to be sent to a friend in Seattle who will board a plane and fly to China, where i am at the moment. I was really hoping the Incipio case would be available since it is clear. Oh well. :(
The Tudia case (I think you might mean) also comes in a clear and a tempered glass back with TPU bumper. It can be found on eBay between $13-20 or so.

https://m.ebay.com/itm/TUDIA-SKN-Li...hash=item3d4faff062:m:m6MSsGZoI8HgH4G8hHj90QA

https://m.ebay.com/itm/TUDIA-GLOST-...6?hash=item3af77152ce:m:mmWEE7388NJcjWyh2EkVm

msp1518

Sep 30, 2014
Visit site
That Tudio looks like a possibility. It's just a shame that no case + tempered glass screen combo is possible. Highly annoying.

https://www.amazon.com/Essential-TU...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU6088842

That's the Tudia on Amazon. Out of stock, so I will order from eBay. I am ordering and pre-ordering a bunch of cases that I will have brought to me here in China late January by a friend. That Tudia, the Incipio are two I want to try.

What will REALLY be amazing is if someone can create a proper, foll front screen edge to edge tempered glass protector. It's maddening that nobody has figured that out yet.

A good old fashioned BUMPER case would be best of all to retain that back ceramic look.

morriea

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
That Tudio looks like a possibility. It's just a shame that no case + tempered glass screen combo is possible. Highly annoying.

https://www.amazon.com/Essential-TU...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU6088853

That's the Tudia on Amazon. Out of stock, so I will order from eBay. I am ordering and pre-ordering a bunch of cases that I will have brought to me here in China late January by a friend. That Tudia, the Incipio are two I want to try.

What will REALLY be amazing is if someone can create a proper, foll front screen edge to edge tempered glass protector. It's maddening that nobody has figured that out yet.

A good old fashioned BUMPER case would be best of all to retain that back ceramic look.
I got this screen protector. Full coverage.

https://www.amazon.com/Orzero-Essen...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU6088853

The original version came loose so the company improved the adhesive setup. I have not tried the improved version as it will be delivered tomorrow. mine works nicely with the Tudia case as far as fit.

Stinger4321

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
I got this screen protector. Full coverage.

https://www.amazon.com/Orzero-Essen...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU6088977

The original version came loose so the company improved the adhesive setup. I have not tried the improved version as it will be delivered tomorrow. mine works nicely with the Tudia case as far as fit.
No go.. the edges wont stick.. looks like the 2.5d edge profile will require a curved protector
04fa210d3299619287e532086ae4c74d.jpg

morriea

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
No go.. the edges wont stick.. looks like the 2.5d edge profile will require a curved protector
Is this the "improved" one? If so, it looked better before improving the adhesive. The original showed no signs of that behavior on the sides for me. It just popped off.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
steve1084