just ordered Essential sprint today...hop i
    have it by the 15th Any quips
    to get it going fast?
    Morty2264 likes this.
    11-30-2017 04:21 AM
    I moved this from the Oreo forum to the Essential forum, for more specific traffic.
    12-01-2017 01:35 AM
    for me it is an amazing phone. only thing I did is installed blackberry launcher and other blackberry stuff.
    modifier, jjinal and Morty2264 like this.
    12-01-2017 06:10 AM
    I'd run the pixel 2 launcher
    12-01-2017 10:09 PM
    I simply loaded Nova Prime from a backup and sideloaded Pixel 2 Wallpaper and Google Camera APKs (although I find myself using the stock camera app again).
    12-01-2017 10:58 PM
    I'm another that ordered the Essential from Sprint, it is hard to resist that $5/month price for this phone. I'm hoping it comes before the 15th -- and wondering if I should have ordered the White so it would ship next week.
    Morty2264 likes this.
    12-01-2017 11:31 PM
    I'm another that ordered the Essential from Sprint, it is hard to resist that $5/month price for this phone. I'm hoping it comes before the 15th -- and wondering if I should have ordered the White so it would ship next week.
    I love the white. Either one is straight.
    12-02-2017 02:15 PM
    I had the black one at launch and returned it. Thought I was done with Essential until reviews of the next gen model, but the low price of 399 with camera drew me to the white one. I'll have it by the end if the week and will see how it does here in china. Fingers crossed I haven't made a huge stupid mistake.

What I REALLY want is the Ocean depths, but it looks like that won't happen until next spring.
    12-04-2017 04:39 AM
    I'll have it by the end if the week and will see how it does here in china. Fingers crossed I haven't made a huge stupid mistake.
    Given how few of these are floating around China, couldn't you resell it at break-even or a profit? It doesn't sound all that risky to me.
    12-04-2017 07:03 AM
    I had the black one at launch and returned it. Thought I was done with Essential until reviews of the next gen model, but the low price of 399 with camera drew me to the white one. I'll have it by the end if the week and will see how it does here in china. Fingers crossed I haven't made a huge stupid mistake.

What I REALLY want is the Ocean depths, but it looks like that won't happen until next spring.
    The same with me except I sold the black one I had. I then purchased a while one from Amazon a while back. I'm glad I did. Very good phone at the price point. I side-loaded the Oreo beta yesterday. Very happy so far.
    12-04-2017 07:47 AM
    Mine will be delivered today. I had originally added the white one to my cart but their website was being glitchy and it ended up changing to black and I submitted my order not realizing it said black at the time I hit submit. I submitted a email request for them to change the phone color but their customer service was slow at getting to my email so my phone was packaged and shipped by the time I got my response. They told me I could refuse shipment or return it unopened and they would refund my money and the friends and family coupon i used so I could reorder it in white but I think i will stick with the black moon as mine shipped from China and I have heard some people ordering with a friends and family coupon have been having theirs ship from California and appear to be returned phones with the plastic protective film being reapplied to the phones and resting wrapped(you can tell this happened because their was a bunch of dust and particles underneath the plastic film so it appears they might be doing it in their office from what I have read on some people's posts). Because of this I don't want to risk that happening to me plus it was a toss up between colors for me originally and only went with white because it hides fingerprints better. Now the color in really wanted was the Grey but I don't think it will release before my coupon expired on 12/15.
    12-04-2017 09:38 AM
    I have heard some people ordering with a friends and family coupon have been having theirs ship from California and appear to be returned phones with the plastic protective film being reapplied to the phones and resting wrapped(you can tell this happened because their was a bunch of dust and particles underneath the plastic film so it appears they might be doing it in their office from what I have read on some people's posts).
    Where did you read that? Mine was an F&F order, shipped from China and the phone arrived in perfect condition.

This is why the Internet sucks. One person's story becomes a pandemic.
    12-04-2017 10:09 AM
    Where did you read that? Mine was an F&F order, shipped from China and the phone arrived in perfect condition.

This is why the Internet sucks. One person's story becomes a pandemic.
    I don't remember exactly but multiple people had reported getting their phone shipped from California and reported the issue I brought up and at least one of them had received a phone with a chipped corner.
    12-04-2017 10:46 AM
    My original, black Essential phone shipped from China and there were a few particles of dust under the plastic. The phone was mint, however. I just attributed to less-than-optimal application.
    12-04-2017 10:52 AM
    I just wish my phone would hurry up and ship! I'm impatient here, and likely still have 10+ days to wait.
    12-04-2017 01:35 PM
    Hope those of you who ordered it get it soon!
    12-04-2017 01:39 PM
    Given how few of these are floating around China, couldn't you resell it at break-even or a profit? It doesn't sound all that risky to me.
    The issue with that would be finding someone here who wanted to buy it. Everyone here either sports an iPhone, or is into a local Chinese brand such as Huawei, Oppo or Xiaomi. I frankly do not think I could find a buyer, even in my city of 7 million people, simply because I don't know all that many people and am not on their social media platforms.

I see the PH-1 on Taobao for $560 to $590, so no question if I was actually able to fund a buyer I could offer it at a much lower price, including the camera. Anyway... we will see how i like rocking the white one starting this coming weekend.
    12-05-2017 02:21 AM
    Just picked up an Essential this week to replace my G6. Wow! I'm blown away. This phone is outstanding!
    12-10-2017 10:25 AM
    How's the camera doing since the updates? I'm thinking about replacing my pixel 1st gen with this due to some mircophone problems.
    12-11-2017 01:15 PM
    How's the camera doing since the updates? I'm thinking about replacing my pixel 1st gen with this due to some mircophone problems.
    IMO it's doing fine. There have been multiple updates that keep making it better.
    12-11-2017 07:00 PM
    Honestly, it's fine. It's a pretty good camera for a $400-450 phone, but don't expect Pixel 2 quality pictures.
    12-11-2017 08:30 PM
    Got my essential phone this week. Getting used to a small, slippery phone. Had to use google voice for Vmail because I can't get the Verizon Vmail icon. Jury is still out, but I think I like it.
    12-13-2017 06:42 PM
    I ordered mine on the 8th , I didn't know it wouldn't ship till the 22nd because the rep failed to tell me that part . I sure hope it ships sooner
    12-14-2017 07:50 PM
    Got my essential phone this week. Getting used to a small, slippery phone. Had to use google voice for Vmail because I can't get the Verizon Vmail icon. Jury is still out, but I think I like it.
    If you had visual voicemail on the account, call Verizon and have it shut off. Then the icon will be there when you get one. Visual is not supported, but I now have regular voicemail and the notification icon again.
    12-14-2017 08:55 PM
    I'd really consider the Essential Phone if my Canadian carrier well, carried it lool.
    12-29-2017 11:41 AM