iPhone user wondering what can this phone do that a Samsung will not

cfclay

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
I bought the first Android phone and many since , then around 2011 went iOS. I bought all of the Samsung phones up until the S8, and then I've dabbled with the other stuff like Huawei and Asus.

So I think this essential phone I'm going to keep, but I'm wondering .... This runs stock Android right?

So what does this phone do that a Samsung phone will not?

One thing I noticed, that I had never done with the Samsung before - I just said to Google "... Create a location based reminder". Oh my am I having fun with that one! If that existed with a Samsung UI or iOS, I never knew.

What are some other cool things, I really like this device.

gcims

Mar 23, 2010
Visit site
Samsung builds into its skin and loaded apps a ton of features, like Samsung Pay and themes.

Nothing they have is a deal breaker to me, as great as they are. I can load apps that do the same things and not sacrifice timely updates.

estebancam

May 7, 2010
Visit site
More customization options, more camera options, Bixby, Samsung Pay, Samsung Cloud, better cameras, a headphone jack, waterproofing, wireless charging, etc...

A lot of stuff. The camera alone has about a dozen features not seen on essential or iPhone.

chanchan05

Q&A Team
Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
The biggest draw for me really to Samsung is Sidesync with my laptop. Sure there are other screen mirroring options there, but AFAIK Sidesync is the only one that will work even if your phone is locked with pin/pattern/whatever and no need to press anything else, just plug in. So it's the only one that will work with a broken/unresponsive/no display screen. The only catch is that you should have run it once before (which is no problem since I use it at home).

Apart from that, there are several Samsung features that can be replicated by apps, but quality would vary. Sometimes the Google one is better, sometimes the Samsung one is, sometimes a third party will be better than both.