Essential PH-1: What case are you using?

SactoKingsFan

Nov 1, 2013
Visit site
Still haven't found a case I really like. The Tudia ceramic feel case looks great but can cause issues with camera. Might just end up going with back skin for grip, tempered glass screen protector and leather fitBag sleeve.

SactoKingsFan

Nov 1, 2013
Visit site
Just ordered this New Frontier hybrid case on Amazon. Hoping this ends my search for a case that's compatible with screen protectors, looks and feels nice and provides solid protection. Too bad Essential doesn't offer any cases like OnePlus.
74a68f2a90c98ba763935cf79fd55882.jpg

SactoKingsFan

Nov 1, 2013
Visit site
I was tempted to go without a case but the black ceramic is a fingerprint magnet and even the frame looks like a smudgy mess. Ordered the white version just to avoid having to frequently wipe down the back and frame. Will still use a case since I don't see the glass surviving a front drop on a hard surface.

1901Madison

Jun 21, 2013
Visit site
I was tempted to go without a case but the black ceramic is a fingerprint magnet and even the frame looks like a smudgy mess. Ordered the white version just to avoid having to frequently wipe down the back and frame. Will still use a case since I don't see the glass surviving a front drop on a hard surface.

What about using a skin to prevent fingerprints, but going without a case?

SactoKingsFan

Nov 1, 2013
Visit site
Found a case I really like on Amazon. Looks and feels good (much better than similar Tudia case), adds some extra grip with textured back and doesn't add much bulk. Also has perfect cutouts, responsive buttons and doesn't interfere with screen protector. 81y0URAwBNL._SL1500_.jpg

dmateo

Feb 3, 2015
Visit site
I've been thinking of going completely naked... Just ordered one to try out, it's made of ceramic and titanium isn't that technically a case on its own?

SactoKingsFan

Nov 1, 2013
Visit site
I've been thinking of going completely naked... Just ordered one to try out, it's made of ceramic and titanium isn't that technically a case on its own?
You'll probably want to use a case. Ceramic is more scratch resistant than glass but can still crack. The titanium is more durable than aluminum but won't protect the screen in many situations.

Randy Ohio

Feb 14, 2017
Visit site
I'm waiting to see what the first reviews say. I looked at this Poetic case for other phones and there was a common thread about loss of screen sensitivity because of the screen saver, which is why I'm interested in it in the first place. They have them out for iPhones and Note 8s. The Essential variant is more expensive too.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site

That's so awesome that you ordered one! Let us know how you like it when it arrives!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
19escape20