Who has loaded the Oreo Beta 3?

Armeniandave

Feb 9, 2013
Visit site
I installed it and so far all seems good. Really snappy and my visual voicemail works now! Took my Sim out of my pixel 2 XL to try this for a bit. Absolutely love this form factor!

cerebasan

May 1, 2011
Visit site
I did it right away. Typing on it right now. No issues. Didn't solve the Sprint signal drops but Essential said it might get better in 8.1.

droid5

May 5, 2012
Visit site
My volume seems louder and overall performance seems more speedy. I'm also coming from a stock build straight to beta 3

erasat

May 12, 2013
Visit site
I installed it and so far all seems good. Really snappy and my visual voicemail works now! Took my Sim out of my pixel 2 XL to try this for a bit. Absolutely love this form factor!

Yes, Visual Voicemail with Tmobile is finally working with a Beta version.

Great Beta build, at least for everything I use this is ready for an official version if something is not working, it must be something I don't use.

Randy Ohio

Feb 14, 2017
Visit site
I'm still having issues activating T-Mobile visual voice mail. It keeps saying will try later.
Update: I turned off the visual voicemail in the phone settings and the T-Mobile one connected and worked fine.

erasat

May 12, 2013
Visit site
I'm still having issues activating T-Mobile visual voice mail. It keeps saying will try later.
Update: I turned off the visual voicemail in the phone settings and the T-Mobile one connected and worked fine.

Yes, for some reason both don't work at the same time. But after this latest beta I first uninstall T-mobile one and then turned on the Native Visual Voicemail and like I mentioned before it finally worked, and at the first try.

1901Madison

Jun 21, 2013
Visit site
My volume seems louder and overall performance seems more speedy. I'm also coming from a stock build straight to beta 3

I did the same and it seems fine. But I did have a freeze up and reboot one time since going to Oreo Beta 3, which never happened once on stock Nougat.

Randy Ohio

Feb 14, 2017
Visit site
I used Android Auto over the weekend. It worked flawlessly as soon as I plugged it in. 2006 Hyundai Sonata hybrid. What was interesting was for the first time ever, an android phone actually charged while plugged into USB on the car. Every other phone I have used with AA would discharge somewhat when plugged in. Since the Essential uses more amps to fully charge, it must just consume less energy to run than my previous phones. Considering my 7+ hour SOT, maybe it's not a surprise.

Roosterman

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site
I used Android Auto over the weekend. It worked flawlessly as soon as I plugged it in. 2006 Hyundai Sonata hybrid. What was interesting was for the first time ever, an android phone actually charged while plugged into USB on the car. Every other phone I have used with AA would discharge somewhat when plugged in. Since the Essential uses more amps to fully charge, it must just consume less energy to run than my previous phones. Considering my 7+ hour SOT, maybe it's not a surprise.

Did AA work on 7.1 for you? What type/brand USB cable are you using? I have a Hyundai Santa Fe Sport 2017 and can't get it to work. I've tried to different cables, one was rated for USB 2 and the second for 3.1. Made no difference.

Randy Ohio

Feb 14, 2017
Visit site
Since it was already setup, I must have tried it on 7.1 but honestly don't remember if it worked or not. I used a Teksonic Type C 3.1 to USB 2.0, per the package specs.

SactoKingsFan

Nov 1, 2013
Visit site
FYI: If you've been on open beta and need to RMA the phone don't mention anything about beta to Essential. Just flash back to stock with locked bootloader. Some warranty requests are being denied by Essential customer service even if they went from beta back to stock.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wei34