Any Poweramp or Neutron users?

pattste

Jan 19, 2018
Visit site
Is anyone using Poweramp (alpha version 7.04) or Neutron on their Essential PH-1 using the USB-C to 3.5mm adapter? Are you able to get high-resolution audio?

dejanh

Trusted Member
Oct 11, 2012
Visit site
Is anyone using Poweramp (alpha version 7.04) or Neutron on their Essential PH-1 using the USB-C to 3.5mm adapter? Are you able to get high-resolution audio?

I use USB Audio Player Pro because I also need that player for my Dragonfly Red DAC, but it works well with the stock adapter too. Only issue I found is that the stock adapter does not support HW volume control (the player has to be set to SW volume control which then uses the Android default volume controls).

You should not have any issues with Poweramp or Neutron since they do not support HW volume control anyway and will just use standard volume control.

pattste

Jan 19, 2018
Visit site
Thanks. I'm not worried about the HW volume control. I'm really interested in high-res being supported. Both Poweramp (version 704, experimental high-res audio) and Neutron need to support the DAC to offer high-res output. Because Poweramp has been in alpha for a couple of years (!) it likely won't recognize the DAC in the Essential's USB-C to 3.5mm adapter. Neutron might.

tech_head

Q&A Team
Aug 25, 2010
Visit site
Thanks. I'm not worried about the HW volume control. I'm really interested in high-res being supported. Both Poweramp (version 704, experimental high-res audio) and Neutron need to support the DAC to offer high-res output. Because Poweramp has been in alpha for a couple of years (!) it likely won't recognize the DAC in the Essential's USB-C to 3.5mm adapter. Neutron might.

Hi,

I use the version of PowerAmp from the sore and it works fine with the USB-C DAC.
I also use USB headphones that have a built in DAC with no issues.
I'm not sure about the build you mentioned though.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dedehammac