Yes, that is correct folks. Telus just dropped the Essential retail price from $650 CAD + tax to only $460 + tax. At this price the phone is practically a steal.

Get it while it's hot. I ordered another one tonight (already have one).

Cheers!

PS: Koodo also has them at the same price.
    philesk, sasdiscute and Morty2264 like this.
    01-21-2018 03:38 AM
    If you buy the Essential from Koodo or Telus, do they provide the updates or do you get them directly from Essential? Like those in the US that bought direct from Essential?
    01-24-2018 01:42 PM
    Dang it, just got a gently used one from eBay today, (ordered on Friday), with shipping it was $560, Telus would be $542 (tax & SIM) so I don't feel so bad. Anyways they or Koodo won't sell it to you if you don't get a plan with them. Very nice phone, current updates and Oreo beta are on the Essential support site.
    01-24-2018 01:54 PM
    Dang it, just got a gently used one from eBay today, (ordered on Friday), with shipping it was $560, Telus would be $542 (tax & SIM) so I don't feel so bad. Anyways they or Koodo won't sell it to you if you don't get a plan with them. Very nice phone, current updates and Oreo beta are on the Essential support site.
    Are you having any problems with it, like signal drops or slow touch response on the screen? These seem to be common issues from what little I've read.
    01-24-2018 06:56 PM
    If you buy the Essential from Koodo or Telus, do they provide the updates or do you get them directly from Essential? Like those in the US that bought direct from Essential?
    Phone is fully unlocked and gets all updates from Essential directly. You simply need to take out the Telus SIM when checking for updates. If you don’t use Telus, then you don’t even have to take the SIM out.
    01-25-2018 09:54 AM
    Ok - I saw a post elsewhere on this site that contradicts what you're saying. They said that you have to remove the SIM before checking for updates to get them from Essential.

https://forums.androidcentral.com/es...ml#post6142949
    01-25-2018 09:56 AM
    Still playing around with it, did not install the SIM yet, that is still in my PRIV. Taking my time with it as my cases and screen protectors have not arrived yet. In the past 24 hours that I have had it, I have not experienced any noticible lag, although there are some quirks but I think it is Nougat as my Lenovo Tab 4 Plus does the same things. Initially it was on the December patch level, I was playing with the boot loader and actually put it back to September, I then checked for updates and it put it back to December, rebooted and then found the January update and installed without any issues. Still no sim installed.
    01-25-2018 01:21 PM
    WHHHOOOAAAHHHH that's an amazing deal!! If they had had this deal when I had been considering the phone, it would already be in my possession.
    01-25-2018 08:38 PM
    Ok - I saw a post elsewhere on this site that contradicts what you're saying. They said that you have to remove the SIM before checking for updates to get them from Essential.

https://forums.androidcentral.com/es...ml#post6142949
    That’s literally what I posted in my response to your question and the other thread is also my posting -_-. Either way, the fact you have to remove the SIM is meaningless. It’s super easy. If you’re not with Telus then you don’t even have to remove the SIM.
    01-25-2018 11:38 PM
    That’s literally what I posted in my response to your question and the other thread is also my posting -_-. Either way, the fact you have to remove the SIM is meaningless. It’s super easy. If you’re not with Telus then you don’t even have to remove the SIM.
    Ah, sorry, I didn’t realize the other thread was you.
    01-29-2018 09:43 PM