Do we know if the issues around the sprint text messages has been resolved. I want to make the ph-1 my daily again. I cannot afford to risk my job. I didn’t get your text is not a valid reason in this day and age.
    02-08-2018 06:36 PM
    Never had an issue here.
    02-09-2018 01:27 AM
    I haven't had them in over a month.
    02-09-2018 07:35 AM
    I haven't had any texting issues with the previous build, or with the current build. I did try the 8.0 beta for a couple of weeks and had texting issues as well as some crashing, I suspect that is part of why they scrapped 8.0 Android for 8.1 -- 8.0 seems to have been flawed on Google's Pixels, as well.
    02-09-2018 10:37 AM
    I haven't had any texting issues with the previous build, or with the current build. I did try the 8.0 beta for a couple of weeks and had texting issues as well as some crashing, I suspect that is part of why they scrapped 8.0 Android for 8.1 -- 8.0 seems to have been flawed on Google's Pixels, as well.
    How did you downgrade! I am currently running the latest Oreo beta and it will not let me run the flashall command. I have followed the directions by essential to the t and it will not work. Inhave reaches out to xda and their solutions do not work in my case. Any thoughts or ideas on how to downgrade. When I do the flashall command I get permission denied every time. The bootloader is unlocked. Essential is of little help at this moment.
    02-09-2018 10:21 PM
    Do we know if the issues around the sprint text messages has been resolved. I want to make the ph-1 my daily again. I cannot afford to risk my job. I didn’t get your text is not a valid reason in this day and age.
    Have you been switching between devices with your simcard? I experienced this issue after using an iPhone...you need to actually de-register your phone number from Apple otherwise iMessage keeps intercepting your messages.
    02-10-2018 08:48 AM
    How did you downgrade! I am currently running the latest Oreo beta and it will not let me run the flashall command. I have followed the directions by essential to the t and it will not work. Inhave reaches out to xda and their solutions do not work in my case. Any thoughts or ideas on how to downgrade. When I do the flashall command I get permission denied every time. The bootloader is unlocked. Essential is of little help at this moment.
    I went back to a stable build from the beta merely by following the Flashing Instructions on this page, where you download the current build.

Make sure you are unzipping the files, and that you unzip them directly into the same folder that your adb tools are in. A common mistake is either to forget to unzip the file or to unzip them into a different folder, in which case the adb command cannot find the flashall command.
    02-10-2018 09:25 AM
    I went back to a stable build from the beta merely by following the Flashing Instructions on this page, where you download the current build.

Make sure you are unzipping the files, and that you unzip them directly into the same folder that your adb tools are in. A common mistake is either to forget to unzip the file or to unzip them into a different folder, in which case the adb command cannot find the flashall command.
    I think you meant to respond in the OP's other thread, in this one I was only talking about the text messages issue.

Anyway good to know someone else has tried going back from 8.0 Beta and it worked with a full reflash back to a stock image. Did you use PC or Mac?
    02-10-2018 10:15 AM
    I think you meant to respond in the OP's other thread, in this one I was only talking about the text messages issue.

Anyway good to know someone else has tried going back from 8.0 Beta and it worked with a full reflash back to a stock image. Did you use PC or Mac?
    I quoted the wrong post but I was responding to a post on this thread, I've now edited my post to quote the right one.

As for the downgrade, I did it on a PC.
    02-10-2018 02:08 PM
    This is now a 2 part, I can’t downgrade from beta using a Mac. Nothing I do works, talked a friend into letting me install a minimal adb/fastboot tool. I want to use the phone again and my job won’t allow it if it has a beta software due to the nature of information involved with my job.

I ask about the texting issues because I was not receiving messages in a timely fashion when I need to receive them when they are sent. I ended up moving back to iPhone which I hate because everyone in my office uses iPhone so it was easier. I don’t care anymore, I have set up a google voice number and will use that so I don’t have to rely solely on sprints sms service.
    02-10-2018 03:30 PM
    This is now a 2 part, I can’t downgrade from beta using a Mac. Nothing I do works, talked a friend into letting me install a minimal adb/fastboot tool. I want to use the phone again and my job won’t allow it if it has a beta software due to the nature of information involved with my job.

I ask about the texting issues because I was not receiving messages in a timely fashion when I need to receive them when they are sent. I ended up moving back to iPhone which I hate because everyone in my office uses iPhone so it was easier. I don’t care anymore, I have set up a google voice number and will use that so I don’t have to rely solely on sprints sms service.
    Your text message issue has nothing to do with the OS. I tried to explain that to you earlier. Your iPhone is the culprit.
    02-11-2018 07:43 AM