Halo Gray Announced as Amazon Exclusive

dtresca

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
So, any chance Alexa will come to our other Essential phones??? I love my white one, but I want some Alexa love! Unless someone want to trade me, too!

Last edited:

SactoKingsFan

Nov 1, 2013
Visit site
Wasn't planning on getting the other colors but this one is tempting. Still reluctant to get rid of my pure white since it has no issues. Might just get a matte black dbrand.

anon(10268214)

Oct 20, 2017
Visit site
So, any chance Alexa will come to our other Essential phones??? I love my white one, but I want some Alexa love! Unless someone want to trade me, too!
Doubt it. I would suspect something like Alexa needs to be baked into the OS and it looks like this one is a special run for Amazon only.

Jerry A

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Doubt it. I would suspect something like Alexa needs to be baked into the OS and it looks like this one is a special run for Amazon only.
Looks like it comes with the Alexa app pre-installed. Essential even commented somewhere that the app could be completely uninstalled (ie not just disabled).

Seems easy enough to replicate - install the Alexa app.

Caveat Emptor: default Alexa app still isn't voice assistant capable - yet.

anon(10268214)

Oct 20, 2017
Visit site
Looks like it comes with the Alexa app pre-installed. Essential even commented somewhere that the app could be completely uninstalled (ie not just disabled).

Seems easy enough to replicate - install the Alexa app.

Caveat Emptor: default Alexa app still isn't voice assistant capable - yet.
Not necessarily. They could also make it 'removable' and simply hide it from the Launcher. I guess we will have to see once people root it and start playing around with the apk. If it is as you say then I agree there should be no issue installing that same app on any Essential phone.

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Damn this new stellar gray color is tempting... Sitting in my cart

Don't do it... Don't do it..2018 flagships start soon after MWC. But my impulse purchase instincts saying otherwise

AJBush12

Oct 28, 2017
Visit site
I just picked up the essential phone. Came over from the pixel (constant wifi issues). I ended up getting it from Best Buy, they price matched Amazon and I really like the phone. I was contemplating getting the Amazon model but I wasn't sure what exactly Alexa did. Is it fully integrated into the OS? Just wondering

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
I just picked up the essential phone. Came over from the pixel (constant wifi issues). I ended up getting it from Best Buy, they price matched Amazon and I really like the phone. I was contemplating getting the Amazon model but I wasn't sure what exactly Alexa did. Is it fully integrated into the OS? Just wondering
Just comes preinstalled with Alexa app which you can uninstall.

msr360

Oct 30, 2017
Visit site
You are getting it tomorrow? I ordered on the date it went on sale and have a delivery date of end of March

SactoKingsFan

Nov 1, 2013
Visit site
You are getting it tomorrow? I ordered on the date it went on sale and have a delivery date of end of March
I saw someone on Reddit contacted customer support about the late March delivery date. They said the delivery date should update or you can cancel then reorder to make sure you get it delivered within normal time frame. I just ordered and scheduled delivery is Thursday.

msr360

Oct 30, 2017
Visit site
I saw someone on Reddit contacted customer support about the late March delivery date. They said the delivery date should update or you can cancel then reorder to make sure you get it delivered within normal time frame. I just ordered and scheduled delivery is Thursday.

i tried cancelling my original order and it wont, since its preparing for shipping but still the delivery date is end of march

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jm_rookie2