Having a little buyers remorse at 450.99
    I had my mind made up to just send it back.

I did get a 5 month payment plan, so thinking I should just keep it.

I have no issues, other than iphone eco system, apple tv, mac.
    02-19-2018 12:44 PM
    Go back to the iPhone. Sounds like that's what you really want due to how much you've invested in other Apple products.
    Tim1954 likes this.
    02-19-2018 02:01 PM
    Go back to the SE, then =)
    Tim1954 likes this.
    02-19-2018 02:22 PM
    How would you stand such a small screen?
    02-19-2018 09:12 PM
    I have multiple Mac's both for home and work.
    We have 3 Mac laptops in my house and two desktops.
    We have at least five iPads.

We have one iPhone. It's my work phone that is never turned on and forwards to my Essential.
    All other phones on my plan are Android.

I wouldn't trade my Essential for any iPhone.
    02-20-2018 01:30 PM
    I have multiple Mac's both for home and work.
    We have 3 Mac laptops in my house and two desktops.
    We have at least five iPads.

We have one iPhone. It's my work phone that is never turned on and forwards to my Essential.
    All other phones on my plan are Android.

I wouldn't trade my Essential for any iPhone.
    Wow!, I would of thought you would of gotten iphones also to complement your setup.
    I saw where some people on youtube were not getting good support from Essential.
    Hope that is not true.

I still have the Essential white one, but started the return process.
    If I stay with Essential, not sure it is worth sending it back for the Halo Grey. I would lose out on the 5 month payment plan.
    02-20-2018 01:35 PM
    Wow!, I would of thought you would of gotten iphones also to complement your setup.
    I saw where some people on youtube were not getting good support from Essential.
    Hope that is not true.

I still have the Essential white one, but started the return process.
    If I stay with Essential, not sure it is worth sending it back for the Halo Grey. I would lose out on the 5 month payment plan.
    iPhones keep you in a walled garden.
    Apple was slow to move to bigger screens.
    I like control. As long as the phone can't be boot loader unlocked you are at the mercy of the manufacturer or carrier.
    It's my phone and I want the boot loader unlocked so I can do as I please.
    This is exactly why I had a Nexus 6P, LG G6 (Unlocked) and now the PH-1.
    02-20-2018 06:49 PM
    I say keep it, I got rid of my iPhone X to use this phone again. Everything else I use is Apple like my computer and tablet and an iPod and even the airpods. I don't miss the iPhone one bit.
    02-20-2018 06:58 PM
    What I don't like about apple is they now charge for everything. There radio used to be free, I use google play now because of that. I uploaded all my itunes to it, and enjoy free radio. my iphone only has 32g, so I could not take my music with me unless I paid for itunes match or apple music. I already pay monthly for icloud, so why can't I use it for music storage? Just a rip off.

If I keep the essential, I hope I won't regret it, nervous about a new company and support is no where near to apple or samsung.
    02-21-2018 04:30 AM
    Iphone se is a great choice for those who want a small iPhone. If it is what you want then you should do it
    Morty2264 likes this.
    02-21-2018 05:05 AM
    The SE is a great choice. My boyfriend has had his for over a year and my brother just got one - both of them are very satisfied with them. If you are heavily invested in the Apple world, then I recommend, as cool as the Essential Phone is, that you stick with Apple.
    02-23-2018 05:19 PM
    The SE is due for an update. Not sure how well it handles iOS 11.

Only if you are tied into group chats on Apple Message. And new to Android and still in learning phase and want to back out.

Head over to an Apple Store. Forums on MacRumors or elsewhere to hear what other SE owners say.
    03-09-2018 12:18 PM
    The SE is due for an update. Not sure how well it handles iOS 11.

Only if you are tied into group chats on Apple Message. And new to Android and still in learning phase and want to back out.

Head over to an Apple Store. Forums on MacRumors or elsewhere to hear what other SE owners say.
    The SE handles iOS 11 well, it's a great little phone for the price -- if you are wanting (and can live with) that small size. If you go to forums about it, such as on AC's sister site iMore here on Mobile Nations, you'll mostly hear people talk about how much they love their iPhone SE.

As to whether it is a mistake for the OP, that all depends on what he wants out of his phone -- the size of the screen and phone, Android vs. iOS, etc -- and that is only something he can evaluate.
    03-09-2018 05:22 PM