I noticed some unusual browser slow down on my PH-1 lately. The browsing experience doesn't feel as snappy as before. Most sites take some time to load completely or require refresh to fully load. Is there any fix for this? Thanks.
    02-22-2018 04:15 AM
    Does it happen every where you try and load a page or a specific place. You can go into settings> apps> chrome and clear the cache and app data.

I only use chrome and the only time I have noticed slow load time is due to internet connection.
    02-22-2018 08:26 AM
    Does it happen every where you try and load a page or a specific place. You can go into settings> apps> chrome and clear the cache and app data.

I only use chrome and the only time I have noticed slow load time is due to internet connection.
    It happens almost everywhere now whether it's on WiFi or LTE. Chrome just feels more sluggish now for some strange reason.

BTW, is there certain way you should hold the phone for proper reception? I noticed from time to time a page won't load at all even with LTE on 2-3 bars signal strength.
    02-22-2018 06:15 PM
    Bars only determine if you have a signal, they are not concrete on connection strength. To check you go to settings>about>status>sim status. Check what the DB level is that is represented. The higher the number the worse you connection.

If you have cleared the cache and data from chrome and it's still slow. I would suggest resetting your network settings.

Have you tried another browser to see if you are experiencing this same problem.
    02-22-2018 06:23 PM
    Chrome IS sluggish in my experience. Also seemed like bad builds two weeks ago affecting it, Beta, Dev and Canary.

I use Adguard.com and with Samsung Internet (Beta, too) supports 5 ad blockers.

Disable JavaScript for testing. Wipe cache which can get large and be an issue of itself.

Duckduckgo is a slim down fast browser.
    Chrome is targeted by adware and more, as well as crypto mining.
    03-09-2018 12:12 PM
    ^this
    03-09-2018 01:47 PM
    I'm not noticing any issues with Chrome or Chrome Beta.
    I'll qualify that by saying I'm rooted and using an ad blocker so that I'm not seeing the effects of ads in my browser.

Ad content ha a significant effect on browsing experience.
    If you don't have an ad blocker, you can find yourself loading more content than what is actually on the page.

For those not rooted, I suggest AdClear. It uses on device VPN to prevent ads and you can whitelist specific applications and sites. Used it on my LG G6.
    03-09-2018 04:56 PM
    For those not rooted, I suggest AdClear. It uses on device VPN to prevent ads and you can whitelist specific applications and sites. Used it on my LG G6.
    Thx for the lead. I've just loaded it and we'll see how it goes.
    03-20-2018 02:40 PM