I decided that I'm gonna get an essential phone! Hurrrayy!!
    But would you guys recommend that I purchase an unlocked Sprint variant, because I can save a few bucks, or should I just be safe and get a fully unlocked one?
    My brother has a Sprint LGV20 (also on AT&T) and he can't send out MMS messages for some reason. I just wanna make sure I don't run into any of that crap
    Also does Sprint delay software updates to the phone?
    03-02-2018 11:18 AM
    The Sprint model is identical to the rest of the models, as far as updates go, you will have no issue as long as it's sim unlocked and you have the att sim card in. Essential will push the updates to the phone.
    cfclay likes this.
    03-02-2018 12:39 PM
    Awesome thanks.
    Just bought one, I hope it goes well!
    03-02-2018 02:16 PM
    Awesome thanks.
    Just bought one, I hope it goes well!
    If they don't push to your phone essential has a guide on how to side load updates. You don't need root access either.
    03-03-2018 08:35 PM
    Works great so far!
    Running Sprint phone on ATT network, woohoo!
    03-06-2018 08:32 PM
    Works great so far!
    Running Sprint phone on ATT network, woohoo!
    Is it still working good for your. I just bought one from essential and use AT&T also.
    03-23-2018 06:44 PM
    Is it still working good for your. I just bought one from essential and use AT&T also.
    Yeah it's been working awesome! I even got Lineage on it, and it's running like a champ.
    anon(1733) likes this.
    03-23-2018 11:59 PM
    Yeah it's been working awesome! I even got Lineage on it, and it's running like a champ.
    Good to hear.
    03-24-2018 02:14 AM
    Sooo. I'm just checking. Making sure. Right now I'm looking at a Sprint Essential phone on eBay that has a bill/financed lock(as described by buyer). I want to buy it and put it on Cricket & or Page plus. Will I be able to activate it on these carriers?
    03-05-2019 09:23 AM
    I've also been hunting for one and found an Ebay seller who lists the condition as 'new other' stating the item is open box. However he says there's no warranty which is unusual since most open box items have full warranty. When asked why there's no warranty he won't reply. Is it possible what he's selling is a Chinese copy?
    03-06-2019 03:34 PM
    Sooo. I'm just checking. Making sure. Right now I'm looking at a Sprint Essential phone on eBay that has a bill/financed lock(as described by buyer). I want to buy it and put it on Cricket & or Page plus. Will I be able to activate it on these carriers?
    In the best situation, the phone is just not paid off, then it is locked to Sprint and cannot be used on a different carrier, including Cricket (AT&T) or Page Plus (Verizon). Worse, it could mean they quit paying for the phone, it is unclear what he means by "finance lock," and that it cannot be activated on any US carrier (phone has been black listed).
    Rukbat likes this.
    03-19-2019 09:13 AM
    I've also been hunting for one and found an Ebay seller who lists the condition as 'new other' stating the item is open box. However he says there's no warranty which is unusual since most open box items have full warranty. When asked why there's no warranty he won't reply. Is it possible what he's selling is a Chinese copy?
    Typically, to get the warranty from an Open Box, you need to buy from an authorized reseller -- and most eBay sellers aren't authorized retailers. Instead, so far as warranty, you're considered to be buying the phone used.
    03-19-2019 09:16 AM
    Sooo. I'm just checking. Making sure. Right now I'm looking at a Sprint Essential phone on eBay that has a bill/financed lock(as described by buyer).
    That's a phone that he hasn't paid off yet. Unless you're prepared to pay the remainder to sprint, stay away from it. When they realize that he's not paying his bill, they'll blacklist the phone, then you won't be able to use it.

I want to buy it and put it on Cricket & or Page plus. Will I be able to activate it on these carriers?
    Page Plus is a Verizon MVNO, so it's up to Verizon - but usually. Cricket? Yes. If the phone can be unlocked by Sprint - and I'd have the seller do that before I bought it. (If I were buying it, I'd do it at a Sprint store - hand the salesperson the money, have him hand them the phone, have the name of record changed to yours - then you get the phone and he gets the money. Otherwise, it's probably a shady deal. [And once it's in your name, he can't report it stolen to get another one for the insurance payment.])
    03-19-2019 02:07 PM