I just ordered the Copper Black from essential as it looks amazing. I bought the black on day one but sent it back after all the complaints having never used it. Pretty excited as I love getting new phones. Now. Questions are.

1. How well does this work for those on AT&T?

2. How fast does essential actually ship these out as I couldn't pick a shipping speed. I would have picked Express shipping.
    03-23-2018 05:48 PM
    1. My Halo Gray is working great on AT&T in Northern and Southern CA. Usually don't have any signal strength issues unless I'm in a known weak area.

2. Not sure how long Essential takes to ship the phones since I've only ordered from Amazon. I did need a new charger which was shipped within 24 hrs.
    anon(1733) likes this.
    03-23-2018 09:40 PM
    At least when I had ordered my old phone few months back it takes at least a week after you place the order to receive (processing and shipping time). They ship from China so that takea 2-3 days, not sure at present if they are still shipping from China or from a local US warehouse. But keep at minimum week to receive.
    anon(1733) likes this.
    03-23-2018 11:55 PM
    Thank you all for the info. Appreciate it.
    03-24-2018 01:14 AM
    Well I'm waiting for my copper black to arrive. But since I have to return my s9 plus soon I picked up a black moon essential phone from Best buy to play with. So far I like it. Love the feel in hand. Love the size. Seems pretty fast. Signal bar drops off a lot on att but I haven't noticed any service issues yet.

I plan on keeping this one until the copper black arrives then decide what one to keep. My thinking is the copper black will be the newest build since it is a new color. There's really no telling how long Best buy has had this black one in stock. But so far I really like this device.
    03-24-2018 03:01 PM
    Well I'm waiting for my copper black to arrive. But since I have to return my s9 plus soon I picked up a black moon essential phone from Best buy to play with. So far I like it. Love the feel in hand. Love the size. Seems pretty fast. Signal bar drops off a lot on att but I haven't noticed any service issues yet.

I plan on keeping this one until the copper black arrives then decide what one to keep. My thinking is the copper black will be the newest build since it is a new color. There's really no telling how long Best buy has had this black one in stock. But so far I really like this device.
    I REALLY wanted to make this my daily phone until fall but I just couldn't get myself to pull the trigger because of the issues I read about. I'm also on AT&T so I was a little hesitant too. I'm curious as to your thoughts on a little more long term use.
    03-26-2018 05:37 AM
    I REALLY wanted to make this my daily phone until fall but I just couldn't get myself to pull the trigger because of the issues I read about. I'm also on AT&T so I was a little hesitant too. I'm curious as to your thoughts on a little more long term use.
    I have had the iPhone 8+, the iPhone X and the note 8 since I got the PH-1. I have gotten rid of all of those and kept my PH-1 as my daily. On Android 8.1 all those issues you read about are gone. Unless it's hardware related like the camera sensor. The camera experience has been greatly improved since the phone launched. Overall I don't see myself upgrading or changing till the new essential phone launches.
    anon(9485947) likes this.
    03-26-2018 08:37 AM
    I have had the iPhone 8+, the iPhone X and the note 8 since I got the PH-1. I have gotten rid of all of those and kept my PH-1 as my daily. On Android 8.1 all those issues you read about are gone. Unless it's hardware related like the camera sensor. The camera experience has been greatly improved since the phone launched. Overall I don't see myself upgrading or changing till the new essential phone launches.
    Totally agree with this. Also, the Essential is a great value at half the price of these options, so even an imperfect (but still extremely usable) camera is forgivable.

Two things to look out for IMO are (1) make sure you give a thorough checking of the new phone out of the box for flaws and if you experience any obvious signal or battery issues right away, return it for a replacement ASAP...and (2) if you are on either Sprint or Telus/Koodo be aware you need to insert a different carrier sim to receive the latest available software updates OTA.
    03-26-2018 09:37 AM
    So far so good. Signal in my house is weak but so is every device. So far while outside j get full LTE on AT&T. Screen is nice. Build quality is amazing. Mailed my S9 back this morning.

Battery life so far has been great also. Enjoying it so far.
    03-26-2018 10:34 AM
    I picked up my second PH-1. I'm absolutely loving it. If you're on the fence about getting this device, just get it.
    PAC757 likes this.
    04-14-2018 09:31 PM
    if att allowed wifi calling on this device it'd be perfect but sadly they don't and the signal at my house was terrible so I had to get a carrier branded phone.
    PAC757 likes this.
    04-15-2018 08:55 AM
    if att allowed wifi calling on this device it'd be perfect but sadly they don't and the signal at my house was terrible so I had to get a carrier branded phone.
    Well I wish I saw your post before I ordered my PH-1. I'm also on AT&T and have really good coverage everyplace but my house. I can usually just get enough signal to get my phone to ring and usually get my text messages, but it never seems to matter what kind of phone I'm using whether it's an AT&T branded phone or an unlocked phone. On my AT&T LG V30 using wifi calling I still miss calls sometimes, I would think that problem is more Comcast internet service than a phone signal problem. Oh well I'll give it a try if it is unusable at home it's going on Swappa I guess.
    04-16-2018 07:39 PM
    I'm using red mobile Sim on AT&T network. Getting full coverage in my area. But AT&T has always been good in my area.
    PAC757 likes this.
    04-16-2018 09:37 PM
    So very tempted to try this phone with the sale on Amazon... Still have those camera and service fears, however.
    04-17-2018 11:46 AM
    Do it. It shipped with 7.1.1 then updates to 8.1 and after restasrt the April update.

My only thought was, Esstential Two might be on the horizon.
    04-17-2018 02:05 PM
    The camera is still not great in low light. Serviceable in good light though.

At the price that Amazon is selling the phone now, it's a great mid-range device
    04-17-2018 10:51 PM
    OK so 24 hours with this phone is more than enough to decide it's a nice phone, nice features, but totally useless as........ A PHONE! I really didn't have high expectations from Essential but this is the worst performing phone, actually using it like a phone, that I've owned in the last 8 years. To make it worst I was stupid enough to but it from an ebay store, they had 100% feedback over 3,000 feedbacks, phone was new sealed in the plastic, unopened box. The phone is faulty because even when outside, the only place I can actually use it and get a signal, everyone I've talked to on it said they can't understand what I'm saying, I left myself a voicemail on my work phone and it sounds like talking over static through a tin can. Got a new Sim card from AT&T , tried resetting the network, tried the SIM in 2 other unlocked non AT&T phones with no problems, so it's definitely the phone and I'm going to have to pay this company a freaking 20% restock fee. My own fault for trying to save $40, now I'm losing like $75. Oh well my own fault buying from a 3rd party retailer. It really is a nice phone just can't use it anyplace indoors.
    04-18-2018 02:01 PM
    OK so 24 hours with this phone is more than enough to decide it's a nice phone, nice features, but totally useless as........ A PHONE! I really didn't have high expectations from Essential but this is the worst performing phone, actually using it like a phone, that I've owned in the last 8 years. To make it worst I was stupid enough to but it from an ebay store, they had 100% feedback over 3,000 feedbacks, phone was new sealed in the plastic, unopened box. The phone is faulty because even when outside, the only place I can actually use it and get a signal, everyone I've talked to on it said they can't understand what I'm saying, I left myself a voicemail on my work phone and it sounds like talking over static through a tin can. Got a new Sim card from AT&T , tried resetting the network, tried the SIM in 2 other unlocked non AT&T phones with no problems, so it's definitely the phone and I'm going to have to pay this company a freaking 20% restock fee. My own fault for trying to save $40, now I'm losing like $75. Oh well my own fault buying from a 3rd party retailer. It really is a nice phone just can't use it anyplace indoors.
    You're eager to spread this on any thread that even remotely hints at the Essential phone.
    04-19-2018 08:35 PM
    You're eager to spread this on any thread that even remotely hints at the Essential phone.
    Just trying to see if there are any other people that are on AT&T having reception problems. Went over to XDA's website and found quite a few other people that are having cell signal reception problems, and nobody there seems to be annoyed by it as you seem to be. I always thought these forums were to try to help each other and share experiences. You post seemed like you were offended by my posting my experience with this phone in to many places. Sorry, wasn't personal as I do not even know who you are.
    04-19-2018 08:51 PM
    Just trying to see if there are any other people that are on AT&T having reception problems. Went over to XDA's website and found quite a few other people that are having cell signal reception problems, and nobody there seems to be annoyed by it as you seem to be. I always thought these forums were to try to help each other and share experiences. You post seemed like you were offended by my posting my experience with this phone in to many places. Sorry, wasn't personal as I do not even know who you are.
    Not at all. Just feel like I've seen it on multiple threads. Don't read into what I said, I'm very anti confrontational. I'm extremely chill so I apologise if you were offended. Just joking.
    PAC757 likes this.
    04-19-2018 09:53 PM
    Not at all. Just feel like I've seen it on multiple threads. Don't read into what I said, I'm very anti confrontational. I'm extremely chill so I apologise if you were offended. Just joking.
    no problem. Just been driving me crazy trying to get this phone to work as a phone , been through more than a few unlocked phones in the past few years and a lot of time most of them got even better cell reception than my AT&T branded phones, back in the old days there were different baseband files to try, on the Essential I've tried everything and still the phone sits at around - 115 dB or no signal at all. I really like the phone, the build quality, and almost Nexus/Pixel like software, maybe I just got a lemon, I'm trying to get the seller I bought it from to try an exchange or may just hold out for the next generation Essential. The phones are made by Foxconn so if they can put out phones like the iPhone 8 and X and have been for years they should be pretty experienced by now.
    04-19-2018 10:24 PM
    no problem. Just been driving me crazy trying to get this phone to work as a phone , been through more than a few unlocked phones in the past few years and a lot of time most of them got even better cell reception than my AT&T branded phones, back in the old days there were different baseband files to try, on the Essential I've tried everything and still the phone sits at around - 115 dB or no signal at all. I really like the phone, the build quality, and almost Nexus/Pixel like software, maybe I just got a lemon, I'm trying to get the seller I bought it from to try an exchange or may just hold out for the next generation Essential. The phones are made by Foxconn so if they can put out phones like the iPhone 8 and X and have been for years they should be pretty experienced by now.
    Let's also remember Apple has it's own tooling and machinery they had made specifically for their phones. So it's not all in Foxconns hands. Lol
    04-20-2018 06:23 AM
    Let's also remember Apple has it's own tooling and machinery they had made specifically for their phones. So it's not all in Foxconns hands. Lol
    Oh I never knew that, that would make sense.
    04-20-2018 06:44 AM