Screen flickers twice when pressing power button

kpun916

Mar 29, 2018
Visit site
When I press the button once to try to lock the device, the screen sometimes flickers twice before the screen goes black and locked. Is there something wrong with the power button? Is it loose? Or it's just a software glitch?

anon(10268214)

Oct 20, 2017
Visit site
When I press the button once to try to lock the device, the screen sometimes flickers twice before the screen goes black and locked. Is there something wrong with the power button? Is it loose? Or it's just a software glitch?
I would say software glitch, since it's inconsistent. Although I can't say I really noticed it previously, the same thing happens on mine as well.

kpun916

Mar 29, 2018
Visit site
I actually contacted Essential customer service. They say they looked into it and it's a glitch from Oreo. An update from Android should fix it. And they say it happens on other Android device such as Pixel.

If you guys have this issue too, so I guess it's not just my phone and I was worried I bought a defective device.

Kind of a relief, I guess...

Shujinko

Apr 10, 2016
Visit site
It happens to me sometimes on my S8+ but only when I'm lagging and running low on ram or have a lot of apps running in the background. So it could be because of that maybe.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon